Bad
Good

Mann Elementary School 4

Posted May 28, 2013
Mann Elementary This school has challenges but has some really great teachers and an open minded pirnciple. I rated above average because I have seen how well my granddaughters have done, and I have worked with a few of the teachers, so I know first hand that they put their all into teaching and get results! I have worked with many of them to present environmental learning projects to several classes. They need parent support and involvement desparately, so don't criticize unless you are there and involved!

Posted November 18, 2011
This is one of the worse schools ever. When I first enrolled my son, this lady told me that I was going to be sorry, but because it is a neighborhood school and my address will not permit me to send my child any where else I had no choice and it is terrible. The children there are bullies, the staff has little to no concern, and the principal really does not show an interest in anything. Now from what I know the majority of the staff are related and they do not send their own children to this school. The school is on probation for academics now and I do not see the light within that tunnel. it seems like most of the children are from broken homes and a excuse is made for every child that is acting out. they are unprofessional, will discuss other parents, teachers and children in front of anyone. We were asked to buy taffy apples for the fund raiser and when we responded that we do not have it to buy, the lady stated that I can not talk to broke people. the principal has told another parent to call the police on one because she was ignorant, and making an appointment means nothing to them. the children are not protected after school and everything seems to be a joke with them. AVOID

Posted November 03, 2009
In desperate need of welcomed parent /teacher involvement. The school itself needs a better rapport with parents,as well as the staff.

Posted June 26, 2007
The school is trying to improve but they are a long way off. Everyone is to blame from the principal to the parents. Discipline is a very big issue. The disciplinarians and teachers are not capable of handling the task. One of my children was receiving A's and B's. When I read a B paper it was far from B work. If you can avoid sending your children there please do so.

Mann Elementary School 3

Posted March 20, 2006
This is a neighborhood school that is improving its levels by way of technology. I have personal knowledge if this school on the kindergarten level. The kindergarten teachers are awesome and are really dedicated to helping the children learn. The students are required to complete weekly book reports on the books they choose from the class library. They also have weekly spelling words and are tested on them at the end of the week. In regards to availability of programs, the school offers art, music and computer class but I see a lack of after school extracurricular activities. The CPD does have an after school program but the school itself doesn't provide fun activities for the little ones. I believe that parent involvement could be better but with many of the children coming from single parent(mother) households, time-management is rough.

Mann Elementary School
8050 South Chappel Avenue, Chicago, IL  60617
Last modified Mann Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mann Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top