Morgan Park High School 1

Posted February 20, 2012
Teachers: In Morgan Park, there is a wide range of teachers with varying intelligence levels. Some teachers work hard to ensure that every student understands the material, while some only teach for a paycheck. Unfortunately, the number of poor teachers far outweighs the number of excellent teachers. For the most part, teachers spend more time trying to get the class to quiet down than actually teaching. Students: Generally speaking, the students here are very ignorant, arrogant, and loud. Most are more concerned about their social lives and their appearances than learning. Students are also extremely rude. A lot of them talk back to teachers and curse openly. Expect random arguments or loud outbursts in class. General: The school has gained a bad reputation over the past few years. It is now filled with underachievers and students who seem to be more concerned about their social lives than school work. The classes are often overcrowded. Currently, there is no administration governing the school. There is always a fight or some drama. Some teachers do not care enough about students. Counselors are also awful. Some, not all, counselors will talk down on you.

Morgan Park High School 4

Posted October 26, 2011
As a sophomore in MP's IB program, I love it. In IB I met students like me, who I can connect to, who think it's cool to be intelligent and succeed. Also the teachers are great, they guide you the best they can, and the rest falls on your shoulders. IB is a challenge, and if you can't take the heat then transfer, but you'll regret it later, because it prepares you for what's out there. As for the environment, it could be better, but if the students were responsible enough they'd share some of the responsibility of making the environment better. MP is a great school, and as an IB student I love it.

Posted August 04, 2011
i am a new parent of a ac student at mp i have very mixed emotions about this school its a great opportunity for my daughter to be choosen for this type of eduction however im having much regret not insisting my child go goes to on of the other ac programs in chicago public schools socially the eviroment is horrible and the staff and administion does not seem to try to care to make it a safer or appealling to students to want to learn or retain students of higher standards i have an older family memeber in attendance of the school so i was encourage from her and trying to keep my child at mp but unless i see major impovements in the new year which is her 8th grade year i will be looking for other places for her to attend high school and encouraging no one else to send their child to mp for any program they have to offer

Morgan Park High School 2

Posted June 21, 2011
I am about to be a freshman in the IB program and I already regret it. I went through the AC and chose to stay here. I now regret it after seing my future classmates. I plan on doing extremely well so I can transfer sophmore year. I don't fit in at all. If you do not like baggy pants and rap music you will have a hard time. It is not diverse. Any originality is made fun of. I was walking down the hallways talking to a friend and some random person just pushed me; and I didn't even know him. Don't send your kids here. If your son can't fight don't send him here.

Morgan Park High School 0

Posted October 10, 2010
Taught Russian and Computer Science there for a long time. Great teachers.

Posted July 24, 2010
I am a student here. If you put your child in Academic Center or IB they will have a very challenging and rigourous education that will prep them for colleges. AC/IB students at MPHS go to the top colleges in the country... However there are a few fights, fire alarms pulls, students that are out of the neighborhood, a lot of ditching, police presence, and if you are not in AC or IB or even taking AP classes, the Honors and Regulars classes are a joke. This school gets a C- as far as I'm concerned.

Posted May 08, 2010

Morgan Park High School 5

Posted August 10, 2009

Morgan Park High School
1744 West Pryor Avenue, Chicago, IL  60643
Last modified Morgan Park High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morgan Park High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top