Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 1,409

Posted April 02, 2014
Roosevelt High School is a metropolitan high school in Chicago, Illinois. The demographics of the school are diverse. There are currently 33 languages being spoken at RHS, with a range of ESL learners needing limited support in English language to brand-new American immigrants with no English facility. This makes for an interesting and challenging learning community for all concerned. As with many schools in the United States, RHS enjoys a staff of administrators and teachers who are highly motivated and dedicated. The leadership is open and willing to accept constructive criticism, and work within the Chicago Public Schools policies and procedures to implement positive change. I would highly recommend Roosevelt High School for consideration as a recipient of your $5,000 grant.

Roosevelt High School 4

Posted May 12, 2007
the days when i went to RHS it was a school with gang issues all thru out my high school era, but once i got out and joined the military my younger siblings attended the school and im proud to say that RHS is one of the best schools in Chicago for its robotics and extracurricular activities. Learning wise i learned alot in that school i have many mentors i admire this day from RHS thanking them for making an impact in my life i loved Band for RHS was a grade A musical school in my times. im sure the school needs to wipe out any remaining bad influences because overall the school is gets the job done which is teach, mentor and coach.Roosevelt Rough Riders!

Posted December 20, 2006
Great school, cares about the kids, has good sports programs. Learning is a top issue. Works to improve.

Posted November 20, 2006
Well, I have seen Roosevelt High School for more than two years as a student. When I first joined RHS, it was one of the worst schools that I could have ever thought of going. Within two years, the School has improved a great deal. Now I'm glad to be a graduated of RHS as I would soon become one of the best schools in the City of Chicago. This year the College Board has started a new program with Roosevelt. RHS is an Excellarator School and not a regular school anymore. The improvement was readily seen when Harvard University visited Roosevelt High School to start a New Program for incoming Freshmans. Roosevelt was the only school that Harvard visited in Chicago. Moreover, RHS ranked third in the Midwest Robotics compitition last year and was the only School to qualify to go to Atlanta for Nationwide Competition from Chicago.

Roosevelt High School 3

Posted December 14, 2004
Roosevelt is a typical Chicago Public High School. It is populated by members of the Albany Park community. The school's success is often a secret to people from neighboring communities. Students attending Roosevelt have a great team of staff members working hard for them. Students need to work a little harder than they have.

Roosevelt High School 4

Posted September 01, 2004
I am a parent rep. for the L.S.C.for RHS. You are the parents that need to see [how this]great school has improved so well. New good things are going to happen this fall and [in] the new year of 2005. We are putting [on] more programs for us parents. The students will try to put [on]another production again like we did for 'Oliver'. So dear parents please do get involved with the school this fall and the new year to come. I as a parent, try to get involved with the school as best I can. We care for your sons, and daughters so 'GET INVOLVED WITH THE PROGRAM PLEASE WE NEED ALL YOU PARENTS', We are going to start a new Booster Club and we need you guys, the parents, to help with ideas [on]how to bring new fundrasing projects into the school of Roosevelt High School. See you there. at RHS.MariaMosqueda

Roosevelt High School
3436 West Wilson Avenue, Chicago, IL  60625
Last modified Roosevelt High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roosevelt High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top