Chicago, IL

Stowe Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2013
They need air conditioning!....it's to hot to work under those conditions. I called the school and the lady said there is nothing she can do about it.

Posted January 26, 2013
Dr.Kyle...Was The Worst Principal Of All TIme now that we have a wonderful new princple Dr.Krosby And a Most Best Asst.Principal Ms.Griffith. Now We Have sports,tutoring and more Activitys. Good Security And Great Teachers. I Love This School And So Do My Children.

Stowe Elementary School 1

Posted September 14, 2012
Not sure where the great reviews came from. My son had spelling words he had to write 5x each spelled incorrectly by the teacher.This happened Three times. Does the teacher not have a computer? Had she not heard of spell check? When brought to the pricinpal's attention , I got no response. Dr. Kyle "No Se Puede" (Former Parent)

Posted August 21, 2010
Great principal, outstanding Assitant principal, teachers and LSC. One of the BEST schools in the nation.

Posted January 17, 2009
Stowe school is a great school. The Assistant Principal is very polite and had always returned our phone calls and is always ready to assist the students as well as parents. Stowe's teachers are great! and Dr. Kyle, the Principal, has high expectations for our children. He always tells my kids 'Si se puede' (yes, it can be done). Dr. Kyle is a great principal and a great leader. Now that Arnie is gone from CPS, Dr. Kyle should take his place as our CEO.

Stowe Elementary School 0

Posted November 23, 2008
Stowe school has a great Bilingual Program. The Bilingual cordinator has a beautiful personality and always welcome the parents/kids with open arms. She makes sure parents are always involved. My son is a 8th grader bilingual student and he love his teacher. He just can't wait to get up in the morning and go to his class. I never seem him so happy to learn. Great Job Stowe. Si se puede!! Yes we can.

Posted October 11, 2008
Great school! Best in the nation. My nice attends Stowe and she invited me to an assembly in which she was honored as the student of the month. During this time I had the opportunity of meeting her teacher and other administrators. I had the chance to talk to them and learn about the different programs my nice is involved during and after school hours. Stowe, besides having all these wonderful programs and professional teachers, has an impeccable, neat and beautiful building.

Posted October 05, 2008
Stowe was nationally recognized as being one of the three best elementary school implementing an effective reading program. My children started in the bilingual program and transition into the general program without having a language barrier. Stowe bilingual teachers prepared well all of my children. I know that children that do not live in the area of Stowe, are attending this school because their parents know that they are getting an excellent education. They also offer very effective after school programs. During the summer my children always participate in the soccer program at Stowe. The school also offer art, music, drama, singing lessons and you name it. This Chicago Public School is definitely a model of what public education should be about. I know Mayor Daley and Arnie Duncan are proud to be the leaders of CPS. As a parent I have always believed in public education.

Posted September 27, 2008
Excellent school! Beautiful building and great teachers. My parents and I graduated from Stowe and so my children. Congratulations Stowe!

Posted September 20, 2008
Stowe Arts Academy is one of the finest public schools in the nation. My children feel at home at Stowe. Great instruction and academic programs. I completely disagree with the previous comments. I know these two parents and they placed these comments because their children refuse to abide by the school rules. My children feel safe at Stowe because they are very strict with students that violate the school rules. My children have excellent teachers and they are involved in different activities and programs. i love Ms. Karvelas and Ms. Mazz they are outstanding teachers. I thank the school administration for not allowing students the use of cell phones and electronics.

Stowe Elementary School
3444 West Wabansia Avenue, Chicago, IL  60647
Last modified Stowe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stowe Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top