Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I had the worst experience at Stowe school! My child entered Pre-K and from the moment I entered the school I kept seeing different things that did not make me feel comfortable at all! My son doesn't communicate well yet so I have to be extra careful. I asked my sister to pick up my child after school one day without informing the teacher, to test out the security. The teacher did not ask for an ID. The teacher just asked my child if he new her. My child was sad because it wasn't me so he didn't acknowledge her. You would think that would raise a flag to the teacher. NOPE! She told my child to go ahead and go with my sister without knowing who she was! After sometime, I noticed my son was getting afraid every morning at the thought of going to school. Since he cant communicate well, I couldn't get him to explain why. He would just crawl in a ball and cry and repeatedly yell "mom no school". After confronting the teacher she admitted that she was "probably coming off too strong at lunch time". My son is an extremely picky eater. Meaning she was trying to FORCE him to eat the food. She told me she would lay off. After sometime, my husband went to pick up my child from school. All the students from his classroom came out except him. When he entered the school he looked through the classroom door, WHICH WAS LOCKED, and he caught the teachers assistant grabbing my son by the arm and yell "If you don't eat this food you can not leave! That was the last straw!!! My husband took my son out of there! My husband and I personally reported all of this to the principal. The very next day I transferred him out of that school!!! DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILDREN TO STOWE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!

They need air conditioning!....it's to hot to work under those conditions. I called the school and the lady said there is nothing she can do about it.

Dr.Kyle...Was The Worst Principal Of All TIme now that we have a wonderful new princple Dr.Krosby And a Most Best Asst.Principal Ms.Griffith. Now We Have sports,tutoring and more Activitys. Good Security And Great Teachers. I Love This School And So Do My Children.

Not sure where the great reviews came from. My son had spelling words he had to write 5x each spelled incorrectly by the teacher.This happened Three times. Does the teacher not have a computer? Had she not heard of spell check? When brought to the pricinpal's attention , I got no response. Dr. Kyle "No Se Puede" (Former Parent)

Great principal, outstanding Assitant principal, teachers and LSC. One of the BEST schools in the nation.

Stowe school is a great school. The Assistant Principal is very polite and had always returned our phone calls and is always ready to assist the students as well as parents. Stowe's teachers are great! and Dr. Kyle, the Principal, has high expectations for our children. He always tells my kids 'Si se puede' (yes, it can be done). Dr. Kyle is a great principal and a great leader. Now that Arnie is gone from CPS, Dr. Kyle should take his place as our CEO.

Stowe school has a great Bilingual Program. The Bilingual cordinator has a beautiful personality and always welcome the parents/kids with open arms. She makes sure parents are always involved. My son is a 8th grader bilingual student and he love his teacher. He just can't wait to get up in the morning and go to his class. I never seem him so happy to learn. Great Job Stowe. Si se puede!! Yes we can.

Great school! Best in the nation. My nice attends Stowe and she invited me to an assembly in which she was honored as the student of the month. During this time I had the opportunity of meeting her teacher and other administrators. I had the chance to talk to them and learn about the different programs my nice is involved during and after school hours. Stowe, besides having all these wonderful programs and professional teachers, has an impeccable, neat and beautiful building.

Stowe was nationally recognized as being one of the three best elementary school implementing an effective reading program. My children started in the bilingual program and transition into the general program without having a language barrier. Stowe bilingual teachers prepared well all of my children. I know that children that do not live in the area of Stowe, are attending this school because their parents know that they are getting an excellent education. They also offer very effective after school programs. During the summer my children always participate in the soccer program at Stowe. The school also offer art, music, drama, singing lessons and you name it. This Chicago Public School is definitely a model of what public education should be about. I know Mayor Daley and Arnie Duncan are proud to be the leaders of CPS. As a parent I have always believed in public education.

Excellent school! Beautiful building and great teachers. My parents and I graduated from Stowe and so my children. Congratulations Stowe!

Last modified Stowe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.