Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

No discipline at this school. Students are allowed to curse and run around with no consequences. Principal is non-existent.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

A friend told me it gets covered up.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Special ed teachers are always subbing. So many kids not getting their minutes. This is not right. My son rarely gets pulled out for help because of this.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

What leadership? I think they need leadership.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No respect for teachers or staff. Took my kid out.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some are but not many. Maybe because of the principal???

Good teachers. Clean building. Bilingual program. Great Pre-k program!

I had the worst experience at Stowe school! My child entered Pre-K and from the moment I entered the school I kept seeing different things that did not make me feel comfortable at all! My son doesn't communicate well yet so I have to be extra careful. I asked my sister to pick up my child after school one day without informing the teacher, to test out the security. The teacher did not ask for an ID. The teacher just asked my child if he new her. My child was sad because it wasn't me so he didn't acknowledge her. You would think that would raise a flag to the teacher. NOPE! She told my child to go ahead and go with my sister without knowing who she was! After sometime, I noticed my son was getting afraid every morning at the thought of going to school. Since he cant communicate well, I couldn't get him to explain why. He would just crawl in a ball and cry and repeatedly yell "mom no school". After confronting the teacher she admitted that she was "probably coming off too strong at lunch time". My son is an extremely picky eater. Meaning she was trying to FORCE him to eat the food. She told me she would lay off. After sometime, my husband went to pick up my child from school. All the students from his classroom came out except him. When he entered the school he looked through the classroom door, WHICH WAS LOCKED, and he caught the teachers assistant grabbing my son by the arm and yell "If you don't eat this food you can not leave! That was the last straw!!! My husband took my son out of there! My husband and I personally reported all of this to the principal. The very next day I transferred him out of that school!!! DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILDREN TO STOWE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!

They need air conditioning!....it's to hot to work under those conditions. I called the school and the lady said there is nothing she can do about it.

Dr.Kyle...Was The Worst Principal Of All TIme now that we have a wonderful new princple Dr.Krosby And a Most Best Asst.Principal Ms.Griffith. Now We Have sports,tutoring and more Activitys. Good Security And Great Teachers. I Love This School And So Do My Children.

Last modified Stowe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.