PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

The teachers are great and the students and their family's make it great environment for learning.

I am an alumni of St. Richard school, and I definitely was not prepared for high school coursework. The school places quite a bit of influence on religion, which is not a bad thing; however, classes would often be cancelled to practice SINGING. Yes, because singing church hymns is somehow going to mean much more to my future career than Science ever would. Classes were also frequently cancelled by teachers to spend extra time on art projects or even plan a birthday party for another teacher. Parents, be wary of what your children are "learning" here and how the teachers fill your children's' hours. I can definitely tell you that it took quite a bit of independent study for me in high school to catch up to the ability of my classmates, and I left St. Richard as a straight A student.

As a parent, I have nothing but praise for this school. Their early childhood program is outstanding with most children beginning to read by the end of kindergarten! The teachers in grades 1-3 have much experience and create interesting and fun projects for learning. If you want your child to have teachers who really care about your child's learning, this is the place to be. These teachers even come in on their days off to be part of the school community. You really can't find anything better in the area.

My sons have been attending St. Richard since 2007 and I feel I made the right decision. They have learned so much and the teachers are wonderful. I feel very comfortable and satisfied with my son's education.

if i could give no stars to this horrible school i would...children dont learn a thing!! the archdioses should be ashamed at the curriculum ad the fact thjat children are not learning and parents are paying alot of money. i would have picked public school over this hot mess of a school!

I have three children ranging from the ages of 12 to 4. All three are attending St. Richards. The school is pretty tough on the students and have high expectation of the students, but isn't that a good thing? I mean that's what the purpose of paying for a school is is it not? I like the structure and style of the school. I give this school an A+. My daughter was in 1st grade and she can read, spell, and write pretty darn good. My niece is the same age and does neither of these things. I think that the principal is a tough cookie, but that's exactly the reason why I have place my kids there. If you are going to be delecate and expect the Principal to cater to the child then you are at the wrong school. I love this school and the discipline it represents!

I am a graduate of St. Richard School, and my time there was unforgettable. The teachers, especially those teaching junior high, prepared me extremely well for high school. I am a straight A student with which I have much gratitude to my teachers at St. Richard for giving me the best education in the city of Chicago. I learned my essential grammar+ from the truly dedicated junior high English teacher and shocking moments of history from the always fun history teacher. Besides the academics, St. Richard offers an amazing sports program including volleyball, basketball, softball, and soccer,etc. The coaches are not paid, and for them to dedicate much of their time for the children emphasizes how much of a close-knit community the school reallly is. I have made long-lasting friends with my classmates and teachers, so I know the type of people who associate themselves with St. Richard,and they are wonderful!

My son is going to Kindergarten he has been at this school for the pass two years and he loves it. The teachers are great every parent wants the best education for their child and at times to have it you must invest. My son knows all his letters how to write and he knows how to read with the school help along with the parent involvement no matter what school the child attends you must dedicate time. Overall, it is a great school. I love the discipline nad safety.

this school taught my daughter absolutely nothing! i was very dissapointed with it. They require fees for absolutely everythign and my daughter didnt know her letters, numbers, or sounds when she left. i placed her in another school in which she learned how to read within one month. i dont know what they teach there but they are not teachign what they supposed to. i know many other parents who felt the same way. The principle is alos very rude and actually talks back to parents after theyre the ones paying for the education. i was very dissapointed and i hope that other children dont fall behind like my daughter did. horrible school with faculty that is not qualified.

I love this school! It is a second home to me. I have been attending St. Richards since i was 4yrs old and i just love it. I am graduating this year go class of 09! I have been diagnosed with Dyslexia when i was in 4th grade. My teacher at the time presented the problem that i was slower and was not able to keep up with the other students to my parents, and suggested that i should be tested. When i returned the teachers accommodated and helped me out they gave me instead of the usual 20 words for spelling they gave me 10. They gave me extra time for my test and they where happy to answer any questions i had or have. Also what really helped that no one teased me, pointed out that i was different . My fellow students just treated me regularly.

Last modified St Richard Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8