PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school and the wonderful teachers and principal. I have a first grader and a preschooler at St. Sylvester. My children absolutely love going to school every day and have learned so much from the amazing people who are so dedicated to this school. My children, even the preschooler, get to experience weekly computer classes with iPads for every student, music, gym and Spanish classes. The principal is so involved in every aspect of the school and truly cares about the students and their families. The tuition is very reasonable and worth every penny. There is such a warm sense of community within St. Sylvester which is very comforting.

Children who graduate from this school go on to St. Ignatius, Northside College Prep, Loyola, etc. It has a great atmosphere and very caring teachers and an involved principal. They also have basketball and football teams. My son loves this school and is learning beyond his grade capacity!

Great school, teachers are wonderful, very attentive to every student. Principal is outstanding, we are amazed at how much work he puts into this school and how he does it without an assistant. I have a daughter and a nephew attending this school and i have seen a huge improvement from when my daughter first started as well as my nephew. Communication with the parents has always been a priority, which makes this an amazing school.

My daughter is in Ms. Marquez' pre-k 3 class and she absolutely loves it! The teachers and staff are amazing and the parents are very vested in our children's education. My daughter comes home singing new songs, drawing new pictures and showing off her new vocabulary every day. She looks forward to going to school and playing with all of her friends. We are very fortunate to have such a wonderful school right here in the neighborhood.

I love this school my son attends this school. St. Sylvester has so much to offer and everybody is like so friendly. Its a great school.

As a parent of 2 children that have attended this school( one is a current student, one who graduated a few years ago) I cant say how pleased I am with all the changes I have seen happen. I believe this has alot to do with the current principal, Mr. Bennett, who has made so many great changes, and with all the great teachers (Ms. Graber, Ms. Marquez, etc., etc.) they now have. I admit, we were not happy with this school at all when our first child attended this school. We feel this school now offers great programs and clubs as well as it allows for alot of parent involvement that wasnt there before. It is great to feel part of this school where everone seems to know each other. My son has learned so much here, he surprises with something new all the time.

There is a new principal at this school this year and he has really brought together the community. Myself and my children are so happy to belong to that community!

The staff is very nice, the school seems a little unorganized and I dont know about higher grades but Prek4 I feel is not challenging enough. They dont get any homework, which in my personal opinion is a good habit for children no matter what age they are its all about setting high expectations. She has been reading small words and knows sight words and her teacher didnt even know that so I dont know what they base their evaluations on. She is advanced- and they are not adjusting the lesson which should be done in every school. It's a shame since I have already started looking for another catholic school and I know how much this school can use the money.

This is a great school with teachers that really care and a great principle

I am very pleased with the school. My son is learning every day and the teachers are patient and understanding. The principal, however, seems to be detached from the parents and the students. I do wish that there would be a sports program for younger kids. The school does have basketball teams for the 6th, 7th and 8th graders (a boys team and a girls team) and they are very competitive!

Last modified St Sylvester School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8