PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Choosing a school for your child has always been a difficult decision since your choice will be directly reflected in his or her development- academically, spiritually, and socially. My husband and I agonized from the time my daughter was 3 until she was 5 over where to send her. We are a young married couple and financially didn't believe we could afford a Catholic school. However, after examining carefully the CPS schools in our area-and the inherent problems of overcrowded classrooms, exceedingly low academic test scores, bullying and the like, our choice became clear, and we chose St. Ladislaus School. It has been the most endearing decision we have made together. From day one as kindergarten began, my daughter has returned home every day with a sense of wonder and a thirst for learning. The academic progress she has shown is nothing short of remarkable. Smaller class sizes, devoted and caring teachers, an exciting new reading and math program to begin this year, and a principal who has worked with us tirelessly to assist with our financial tuition dilemna only reinforces the correctness of our choice. I strongly recommend St. Ladislaus school.

This school is the best place to have your child grow in all the important virtues and ethics that are lacking in the 21st century. It may be small however it allows students to be fully grown in spirit and love from teachers. There students are not numbers but people with many interest and qualities.As an alumni I recommend this school to everybody especially since there are so many ways the school has to lower tuition for parents

My children are students at St Ladislaus. I love the small classroom sizes. The school has some after school programs. They offer before and after care at a affordable rate. The teachers are caring and knowledgeable. The tuition is affordable especially for families with Multiple children. The principal listens to parents concerns. My children are recieving an excellent education.

My daughter feels so welcomed at this school! She has since day one! We are very happy we chose St. Lad's for her education! She continues to excel academically on a daily basis!

My Daugher is start with St. Ladislaus since Kindergarten. St. Ladislaus has great and woderful teachers thru pr-school to 8th grade. She is achieving a lot with St. Ladislaus and she is very proud of she is in Catholic school. Principle, Ms. Scotkovsky is wonderful and she works so hard fo school and students. You can feel St. Ladislaus care about your kid.

As a parent of a child that has completed the Preschool program at St. Lads, I am very happy. When I was looking for a Preschool for my son to attend I wanted more than just a daycare. I wanted him to have a curriculum and for him to actually learn and at St. Lad's that is exactly what he did. He was lucky that he had wonderful teachers and teacher's aids that made school fun. I won't lie and say that the first few days of him going to school were easy since this was the first time that he was away from home. But as the year went on he went from a shy little boy who wouldn't make eye contact to a social butterfly who wouldn't stop talking. And now 2 years later as he prepares to enter Kindergarten here at St. Lads, he is still very happy every morning to go to school. What makes this school so great in my opinion is that although it is strong academically, it is still small enough that all the teachers know each student's names regardless of the class they're in. They emphasize parent involvement which is important for us as parents to know what is going on in our children's schools. So if you're looking for a school, I recommend you look at St. Ladislaus.

Hi,we are proud parents of a student who attend prek at st .lads -it was her first year at school and I think she did verry good job with help from her teacher and st.lads community who is involved in students life ,make it more fun and safe.she is gone be in kindergarten next year and she is already excited.you are welcomed in our community at ST LADISLAUS

My grandson is a kindergarten student at St. Ladislaus. The new principal has infused her energy, her enthusiasm, and her determination to allow St. Ladislaus the opportunity to become a predominant leader and force in educational achievement and development. The teachers are a blend of veteran educators combined with young and innovative new teachers whose vitality and creativity have become infectious. The school is multicultural, and features a challenging academic curriculum. The teachers believe that wisdom begins with wonder and that this is a school where children come first, and where ALL children are honored. The basic philosophy of St. Lads is, that it is a school where students are given problems to solve, not answers to remember. Being a Catholic school, religion is a very important part of the school curriculum. The entire faculty emphasizes in their teaching educating the minds of our students, while remembering to educate their hearts. If you are in search of a school where education is received and achieved, look no further- St. Ladislaus is that school. At St. Lads your child will experience teaching that will turn today s learners into tomorrow s leaders.

I love the tour I took of the school. It seems that everyone is very close knit and the teachers are very warm and caring. I have a former teacher of mine that works there and she helped me all the way to enroll my son when I thought I might not afford it. They care about the children and the familys at large. I could not love them enough.

This school is filled with hard-working teachers, students, and staff members. The teachers expect excellence and from my own experience, the parents appreciate these expectations. This school is in no way "on a downward spiral". The parents are fabulous and are always looking to help out when they can. The new principal is fair, kind, and a joy to work for! New clubs have been started, such as a Newspaper, and several afters-chool activities are being implemented. When my children are old enough, they will be attend this wonderful school!

Last modified St Ladislaus School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8