Posted January 27, 2014
St. Barnabas is the best choice you can make for your child! I transferred my daughter from another private school because I was displeased with the administrators. They were out of touch with reality and they had no contrl over the children. Barnabas was the best decision we could have ever made. The staff is committed to the educational as well as emotional well-being of the students. They also want to help mold them into good human beings. They are preparing them for high school and excuses are not allowed. My daughter has to do note cards in 6th grade. She has to make sure her notebooks are kept up to date and that all the notes the teacher gave them for that day are included. Students receive "homework notices" if their work is not completed and it must be returned signed by the parent along with the work. I love it! Too often we let our children off the hook and allow the make excuses for not doing the best they can. Not here! The parental involvement is tops. They also have lots of extra-curricular activities for the children that you don't see at other schoolswhich is definitely a bonus. I can't say enough good things abou this school. I wish I had transferred her sooner.

Posted March 12, 2013
Strong parental involvement with access to tons of information to assist in the educational process. My kids love their school.

Posted February 14, 2013
My son is new to the school this year (6th grade) and we have loved everything about the school! The teachers were welcoming and supportive and make every effort to reach out to us and make sure our child and us were adjusting to a new environment. Other parents have helped us get involved with volunteering. When we have had (minor) concerns, a quick email or phone call has been quickly followed up with a call from the teacher or administration to listen to our concerns and let us know how the issue will be handled. The specials offered are great and the smaller class sizes are definately a benefit! We tell all of our friends to look into St. Barnabas as an option.

Posted January 26, 2012
We moved our children from another Catholic school to St Barnabas this year and it is the best decision we could have made. Project Match ensures children are being taught and challenged appropriately for their own individual learning style. Its wonderful. The computers are state if the art and children are exposed to Spansh and Music. There is also a wonderful theatre program when they reach 4th grade. Math and Science club have a great opportunity to take part in Lego Robotics. Do yourself and your children a favor and go have a look! I'm so glad I did.

Posted February 01, 2011
We moved our children here from another Archdiocese school so our children could benefit from Project MATCH, which is a unique curriculum for differentiated learning in reading and math. Both our son and daughter needed more challenge than their previous school. Plus, they offer Spanish lessons as well as a robust theater program most schools can't bring to their students.

Posted September 16, 2009
St. Barnabas school has only gotten better in the 10 years we have lived in Beverly. They are committed to excellence in education and have a parish council that places a priority on the well-being of the school and its pupils and faculty, both religiously and educationally.

Posted June 03, 2009

Posted May 02, 2009

Posted November 17, 2008
St. Barnabas Preschool is a happy nurturing place...my kids loved it. The facilities are nice, the teachers caring and patient. Very safe - standalone/fenced in building and play yard.

Posted April 16, 2008
My son transferred to St.Barnabas last year(2006), with the incoming new administration. The administration was always helpful and courteous to all parents. Another factor in this school's success is the PARENTS. They are involved in every facet of the school, and work hard with the administration regarding tuition and activities to provide quantity without diminishing quality. A personal favorite of mine was the 7th & 8th grade history books, as it provided study guides, practice tests and games online. Students were given able to interact with history in various forms: drama skits, video presenation, poetry, etc. Other good programs at Barnabas is the Accelerated Reader, PowerSchool to view your student's grades online, Study Island, and the High School Prep Test. This school works hard to ensure your child has the tools available to succeed! My son has been prepared for high school.

St Barnabas Elementary School
10121 South Longwood Drive, Chicago, IL  60643
Last modified St Barnabas Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Barnabas Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top