PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My children attended the school. The library,art,gym and technology are well done. The Afterschool Enrichment is very good. My children would have had a better experience is I had been on the school board or FSA. Their children get chosen for leadership or recognition. There is a strong distinction over families that get special treatment and the general population. My children are doing fine academically ,however I wish that the school would give all students opportunity to shine

St. Barnabas is by far one of the most segregated catholic schools in Chicago!!! I'm sure it's slightly improved since the non responsive Lenore Barnes is no longer the Principal. ***Use caution***

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Most are not qualified to teach anywhere else and are close friends or relatives of the administrators.

St. Barnabas is the best choice you can make for your child! I transferred my daughter from another private school because I was displeased with the administrators. They were out of touch with reality and they had no contrl over the children. Barnabas was the best decision we could have ever made. The staff is committed to the educational as well as emotional well-being of the students. They also want to help mold them into good human beings. They are preparing them for high school and excuses are not allowed. My daughter has to do note cards in 6th grade. She has to make sure her notebooks are kept up to date and that all the notes the teacher gave them for that day are included. Students receive "homework notices" if their work is not completed and it must be returned signed by the parent along with the work. I love it! Too often we let our children off the hook and allow the make excuses for not doing the best they can. Not here! The parental involvement is tops. They also have lots of extra-curricular activities for the children that you don't see at other schoolswhich is definitely a bonus. I can't say enough good things abou this school. I wish I had transferred her sooner.

Strong parental involvement with access to tons of information to assist in the educational process. My kids love their school.

My son is new to the school this year (6th grade) and we have loved everything about the school! The teachers were welcoming and supportive and make every effort to reach out to us and make sure our child and us were adjusting to a new environment. Other parents have helped us get involved with volunteering. When we have had (minor) concerns, a quick email or phone call has been quickly followed up with a call from the teacher or administration to listen to our concerns and let us know how the issue will be handled. The specials offered are great and the smaller class sizes are definately a benefit! We tell all of our friends to look into St. Barnabas as an option.

We moved our children from another Catholic school to St Barnabas this year and it is the best decision we could have made. Project Match ensures children are being taught and challenged appropriately for their own individual learning style. Its wonderful. The computers are state if the art and children are exposed to Spansh and Music. There is also a wonderful theatre program when they reach 4th grade. Math and Science club have a great opportunity to take part in Lego Robotics. Do yourself and your children a favor and go have a look! I'm so glad I did.

We moved our children here from another Archdiocese school so our children could benefit from Project MATCH, which is a unique curriculum for differentiated learning in reading and math. Both our son and daughter needed more challenge than their previous school. Plus, they offer Spanish lessons as well as a robust theater program most schools can't bring to their students.

St. Barnabas school has only gotten better in the 10 years we have lived in Beverly. They are committed to excellence in education and have a parish council that places a priority on the well-being of the school and its pupils and faculty, both religiously and educationally.

St. Barnabas Preschool is a happy nurturing place...my kids loved it. The facilities are nice, the teachers caring and patient. Very safe - standalone/fenced in building and play yard.

Last modified St Barnabas Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8