Lawrence Hall Youth Services 5

Posted December 11, 2010
Having attended and graduated from this school in 1979 as it's first High School graduate I've often wondered what life would have been like without the help I gained from this school. My life at public school was a mess and quite frankly I skipped and or slept through most of my classes. With the on grounds school I never had an opportunity to do either and learned more in one year than the three previous years of high school at the public level.. Thanks again for being there for me I sure have not forgotten what it means to be the first High School Graduate of a class of one in 1979.

Lawrence Hall Youth Services 1

Posted October 21, 2010
well it looks like they just deleted my pretty honest review so once again i will state LHYS as very abusive school with with unsatisfactory staff. the communication between administration and the staff that worked with the kids everyday was horrific. there was also alot staff that were fired due to the lack of shift notes they could conjure up, but what the people in charge did'nt understand was the bond between the kids and the everyday staff that worked with them but administration dos' nt really care because they never and i mean never see the kids they make irresponsible decisions in regards to the kids and like i said before power struggles amongst the staff to the kids. there were times where staff would purposely provoke the kids into reacting so they could issue restraints. they also have the highest number of awols or runaways in chicago

Lawrence Hall Youth Services 5

Posted February 19, 2006
I am a student teacher, and I did some of my required observation hours at Lawrence Hall. I would greatly recommend this school for children who have behavioral problems in school or for whom living at home is problematic. The people at Lawrence Hall are caring and giving. They teach the students things that they may not have learned at home such as everyday hygiene and how to be courteous to others. This school helps those children who are doing poorly in school how to regain confidence and how to apply themselves to their studies. Lawrence Hall addresses basic issues such as truancy and other anti-social behaviors. The children are transformed by their time at Lawrence Hall, and I would highly recommend it for a student who is really struggling in the public school system.

Lawrence Hall Youth Services
4833 North Francisco Avenue, Chicago, IL  60625
Last modified Lawrence Hall Youth Services is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Lawrence Hall Youth Services Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top