Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have respect for each and every teacher at this school. They each are consistently working hard with the kids and not only teaching them about the subjects they need to focus on, but also about life.

Amount of homework: Agree

the school gives enough work to keep the students up to date and current on their studies but not overwhelmed by the homework they receive.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school is very diverse and celebrates all types of holidays and special day for each of its nationalities. The staff is always recognizing good behavior and always encouraging the students to do their best. This school has always had lots of activities that covers everyone's likes and heritages.

The school principal and assistant principal and the entire staff have always treated each student and their families' as if we were all family. From the principal to the cafeteria staff to the janitors, each person that works in this school has only treated everyone with respect and kindness. There was never a day in 8 years that I felt unwelcome in this school. Each staff member treats the students with respect and also takes an interest in each one. I have always felt comfortable and safe leaving my kids in this school and after school programs.

My daughter is in 2nd grade and my son is in Kindergarten and they love this school. I love the staff, they know all of the kids by their names. I am impressed!!

Last year was my son's first year at Durkin for sixth grade. I must say I was very impressed with the faculty and the staff. The teachers are great! My son transferred from St. Bede School and I realized the kids at Durkin were a lot more advanced. I wish I would have sent him here from Kindergarten. I wasted so much money all these years. I would definitely recommend this school!!

This school is a great place to take your child. It also has great teachers working they care about our children.

the only downside is the building is poor and not fit to be a school!the kids are very well behaved and are very helpful and understanding!this school is in a middle class community which is very nice a well kept up!

My son has attended this Durkin for 2 years and he's learned so much. They do give the little one homework enough to learn. Since this school is small most of the staff knows all the children and that makes it even better because this way they know what their students needs are. The teachers make sure the children understand and make them use their critical thinking. By first grade all the kids are reading good. They only lack a library and bigger lunch rooms. They still need a couple other important rooms in a school. But academically they are outsatnding.

I believe that parents along with teachers is what makes a school great, as far as i am concerned Durkin Park is a great school, if you are involved in your childs education, what the school looks like does not affect the learning process. My children are honor roll student and have been for the 3yrs that they have attended. The teachers are great and the Principal is outstanding.

Last modified Durkin Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.