Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 1,533

Posted November 17, 2014
Wow, I went to the recent open house and the new principal is a total rock star. I know so many parents that are worried sick about their kids getting into a selective enrollment school, but after meeting teachers and students here at Amundsen, we are going to give this school a long hard look. If you haven't been to this school and taken the tour, you owe it to yourself to put it on the list, as more and more neighborhood families are enrolling their kids here. Test scores continue to rise and we are lucky that this our local neighborhood option. Your kids don't need to be perfect to attend here, but for so many of us that are seeking a great local option this is a perfect fit.
3 people found this helpful

Posted November 14, 2014
We have a middle schooler who's in the process of learning about high school options. Amundsen is our neighborhood school and we've been hearing good things about the principal and the school, so we wanted to see for ourselves what Amundsen has to offer. We went to last weekend's open house, and were impressed with the IB program, the athletic offerings, so many student activities and the overall feel of the school community. Even my extremely skeptical middle schooler was impressed ... so much so that Amundsen shot to the top of her list, tied with her top selective enrollment choice. I would be happy to have my kids attend Amundsen, right here in our neighborhood.

Posted November 24, 2010
I agree that this school has a very undeserved bad rep. Before we moved here, I was so worried about sending my daughter to this school because of all we had heard. But the staff were wonderful. Ms. Farfan was so helpful and got my daughter enrolled right away. The faculty at this school is very proactive in the students' educations--instead of just sitting back waiting for the students to fail, they make sure they take every step to catch problems early. I'm so glad we "had to get stuck" with this school!

Posted May 23, 2009

Posted April 21, 2009

Amundsen High School 1

Posted March 13, 2009

Posted March 06, 2009

Posted February 26, 2009
This School is better than most people realize. The teachers at this school are very helpful and always give chances to finish up late work. It's right next to a soccer field,football stadium,3 baseball fields, and a park has it's own parking for students and teachers. The only problem that I notice are the students don't pay attention or really try to do the work not all of the students are like that though. It's still a very good school.

Posted February 16, 2009

Posted December 04, 2008

Amundsen High School
5110 North Damen Avenue, Chicago, IL  60625
Last modified Amundsen High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amundsen High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top