Crest Hill, IL

Posted October 09, 2013
All of my kids attend here n by far this is the worst school. .they barely learned anything. .the staffs does not care or pay no attention to the kids. They do not have a strong academic nor behavioral skills toward the students. They need a better and more caring staffs. The students are so disrespectful n rude. The staff have the worst skills in handling matters. I would not given them any star but I have no choice but rate them in one.

Posted August 30, 2013
Richland has a poor accedemic rating and its behavior system is terrible. My son told me that kids disrespect eachother and their teachers and the staff does little to stop it.

Posted July 17, 2013
I went to richland for 4 years and i have to say worst school I have ever been to and i went to schools in the city. The education is weak at best and I never really learned anything in the class that I couldn't have learned over night.

Richland Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2012
I am a parent of a current 2nd grader and 3rd grader. I have actually had the opposite experience from the previous parent who posted. My son was in the same class last year of the second grade teacher who was out on Maternity leave. I felt that she did an amazing job being in a situation of great change and joy in her life. I was very impressed that she came to open house night even though she was still on maternity leave and she did not have to be there. She was in constant contact with the substitute teacher and myself who also did a great job. When she returned, the students were obviously interested in her new baby and I am sure she did keep them informed of his progress. I would have done the same thing, However, I view this as a positive experience for the students. I feel that students need to find connections with their teachers and realize that they are normal people too. They have lives beyond the school and although she is a teacher, she is also a wife and a mother. Teachers are humas as we all are and we need to start respecting them for the time and energy that they put into their classrooms year after year. I love Richland teachers and all they do fo my kids.

Posted July 13, 2012
Attended 1st & 2nd grade at Richland.The 1st grade teacher was ill & gone most of the school year leaving her class with subs. 2nd grade started out w/ teacher on maternity leave.So, 2nd grade was taught by a substitute FULL time the first 2 months, then the teacher came back & couldn't concentrate,constantly talking about her baby and his milestones. She regularly left school to care for him and again left the class with regularly rotating subs.The front desk is staffed by people who are overworked and can't properly direct a call. The school has too many students, ie the staff can't remember your child a week after speaking to them.The school SENT my child to a day care center after school when she wasn't enrolled in daycare ANYWHERE! I was waiting at the bus stop for my child. My child told the teacher clearly that she didn't go to daycare and mommy is waiting @ home. My child was bullied & after so much bulling over the 2 years she struck the bully that had been reported repeatedly,my child went to detention & counceling.Bully got no punishment.School nurse thinks she knows more than Doc! No after school orginizations. REI is a flop. We are moving just to leave Richland.

Posted June 13, 2012
I have a 3rd grader and this school is terrible! If you have a gifted child this school is not for you. They say they have a "gifted program" but they really don't. Parents come and take a couple kids out of class and teach them in the hall. Not up to standards in my book. My child WILL NOT be returning.

Richland Elementary School 5

Posted June 06, 2012
I have a soon to be 2nd grader as well as a 1st grader here. I am an very involved parent in the school. So far, my children have had extraordinary teachers who have really laid the perfect foundation for learning. My son is in a gifted class (pull out program) 2x's weekly. My experiences are focused more on the elementary side of the building. I have to say that our 2 years at Richland have been great. My children love Richland! My only complaint is that communication about events and such from the school (not the teachers) needs to come out with more notice. As a former teacher, I have to say that parents can't rely only on the school to educate a child. Parents need to do their share, too. Be involved, communicate with your child's teacher on a regular basis and more often that not, your child will have a successful year. Being so involved, I see so many kids who do not have parent support at home, it's critical.

Richland Elementary School 4

Posted July 18, 2011
My two kids 5 and 12 attend speech therapy, and both of them are very happy with their teacher/therapist. I am always updated on their progress. Could'nt ask for a better mentor.

Richland Elementary School 5

Posted February 01, 2011
This is a very good School.The principal ,staff and teachers are very caring,they response to parents promptly .They have extend the school area for KG and other classes ,very nice rooms and above all is their standards for education are highy admirable.My kids are studying their in Kg and 1st grade and they are doing good ,as per expectations.

Posted May 04, 2009

Richland Elementary School
1919 Caton Farm Road, Crest Hill, IL  60403
Last modified Richland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richland Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top