Posted August 11, 2014
Great school. My wife and I moved to Crystal Lake for the community and the great schools. This schools has great leadership and even offers a dual launguage (Spanish) program for non ESL students. What most people don't realize is when a school and school disctrict has an ESL population of sutdents it always brings the overall "scores" down. Standardized testing doesn't account for the fact that ESL kids don't understand the test in English. Any way this school offers a great cultual mix, great staff and lots of parent involvement.

Posted February 26, 2014
This school has a wonderful feeling when you walk in the door. You realize right away that every adult there is connected and involved with the children. The administrators that took over about 5 years ago have worked hard to make sure that expectations remain high for academics as well as proper behavior. The teachers are kind and supportive. My son is not in the dual language program, but I wish we had taken advantage of it when he was in Kindergarten. I feel comfortable calling any time I have a concern or question. Mrs. Alberth, the assistant principal, is very responsive and helpful.

Posted May 28, 2012
My daughter is finishing second grade and can now speak in both english ans spanish. What a wonderful program they have. I can't wait for our youngest to start Kindergarden this fall.

Posted September 11, 2011
My son finished kindergarten this Spring and I could not been happier with the school. When he got out of preschool, he barely knew alphabets and few words. My wife was disappointed because he didn't learn a lot in preschool and I thought we wasted our money sending him there. But after 3 months in kindergarten, he started reading books that was impossible for him before. We were amazed by the transformation that took place. I am not much involved with the school nor know a lot about teachers and staff. But I'm very happy with my son's progress.

Posted March 19, 2011
We had a couple not so great experiences but they were very limited overall. I have a child with special needs and the staff are all very willing to work with you and keep the communication open. They even implemented other interventions for him above and beyond his IEP that have really been the key to his success. Assistant Principal is great, and 1st grade teacher beyond fabulous, K could have been better. The district has been making things a little more "localized" to the school and this has really helped as far as getting him what he needs (when things come from "above" it was harder to get help). We are moving soon and they have been SO helpful in preparing information to take with us to our new school. Our whole family will miss this school. It is true that they only want you to be involved to a point though. I prefer volunteering in the classroom to doing fundraising etc, this year opportunities were better than last year.

Posted June 05, 2009

Canterbury Elementary School 2

Posted May 27, 2009

Posted September 14, 2008
i love canterbury aj.massa

Posted April 11, 2008

Posted August 16, 2006
Excellent School - very good early intervention for problems. Excellent teachers. OK communication with parents. They Like parent involvment to a point. They set the level of involvement.

Canterbury Elementary School
875 Canterbury Drive, Crystal Lake, IL  60014
Last modified Canterbury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canterbury Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top