Bad
Good

My child loved this school all six years she had the best teachers to help her through life and west elementary school made her an amazing student in school. Of coarse your child also needs to pay attention in class, but the teacher were all nice and made the classroom light up. This is why west is such a five star school. They may have some thing that you may not like, but that's just you at parents and I may not change yourexpectations with mine, but west is the best! Just shouting it loud and clear for you to understand where I am coming from

Wonderful school with great involvment from teachers and principal. My son has learned so much while in kindergarten and now in first grade. The teachers are great communicators to get your child on track. There are many opportunities to get involved as a parent and many activities to involve yourself with your child as well. Amazing school; I am happy my son is enrolled here.

My son just finished kindergarten and I have had such an amazing experience with West and all they have done to help my son adjust to elementry school. I couldn't ask for a better staff to work with. I have been told that the attention they give to the students here is like that of a private school.

We moved to Crystal Lake when my daughter was going into 1st grade. They have awesome programs for extra help in reading, math and generally anything you could need. The teachers and other staff are incredible. After 5 years in the school, I can't imagine my child having a better experience anywhere. School is old, but they have done a lot to detract from that. Loved it!

Can anyone tell me if the arts or music have been cut from this school?

West is wonderful. You get a top quality education for your kids with a small neighborhood setting. The teachers are wonderful and there is a real feeling of community spirit.

I have had great communication with the school. We have a new principal and vice principal this year. They have been exceptionally helpful. It seems the WPO is in a little rut. Ours could use some fresh new ideas. The town has a great park district though for afterschool activities.

Last modified West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.