Posted September 18, 2008
Garfield Montessouri School has met and exceeded my expectations by far. The staff and principal are amazing and constantly working to keep the kids involved and motivated. Principal Anderson knows each child by name and their personalities, not just the troublemakers. I am VERY impressed with this school.

Posted September 14, 2007

Posted October 01, 2005
Garfield Montessori school has been great for my children. My son flourishes there because he is allowed to work on his assignments at his own pace to an extent and has choices that traditional schools do not allow. My daughter started there in 6th grade coming from a traditional school and she loves it. I love the freedom and the independence that it gives them and how it teaches them to make their own decisions. The principal, teachers and other staff are great and set great examples for my children.

Posted August 04, 2005
Garfield Montessori doesn't just teach math,science, history...they teach tolerance, peaceful conflict resolution, patience... I am so thankful every day that my children are in a learning environment where the learning style is based on the Montessori method. My daughters have blossomed in this environment and look forward to school every day. The principal and staff are wonderful, loving people who I totally trust with the education of my children. No school is perfect, but I can't really say anything negative about Garfield. Our family is really happy there.

Posted September 29, 2004
I just wanted to express my gratitude for the outstanding job that all the staff at Garfield Montessori does each and every day. I am so honored that you accepted my daughter into your program, she absolutely loves it. Her favorite person, one of which she calls her 'best' friend is Ms. Holeman-Shipp. That just shows the type of person she is, she makes each and every child feel as though they are special in their own particular way. And that is the way I like it. I must say, I am a very picky mother, you have to be these days. But overall, I have been very pleased with Garfield Montessori. If I ever have a problem, I feel so comfortable going to the principal and talking it over with her. Thank you to Ms. Holeman-Shipp and the entire staff at Garfield for making it a family oriented enviroment.

Posted April 26, 2004
This was my daughters first year of school and thanks to Garfield it has been a Great experience for her and I. The staff is incredible they make you feel like you are welcome and that you are at home. The principal always has a smile on her face, greets each child by name, and has great respect for them. I have two children in the public school system and not all of my experiences have been good or even o.k. Thank You Garfield Montessori Magnet for changing my outlook on the public school system. Chiquita Fowler

Posted April 25, 2004
Garfield Montessori has been the awesome for us! I truly love the 'at home' feeling you get when you walk inside our school! I love the classroom settings and the comfort you feel. The principal (Mrs Holeman-Shipp) takes a huge amount of credit for this as well! As alot of schools dont have any interaction with their principal until they are being disciplined for something. She greets the students and parents each and every morning and also is at the door saying her goodbyes and making sure they are getting to their bus and/or car safely after school! The school is so friendly! I am also thrilled to know that I do not have to worry about where my kids will attend school for the first 8 yrs of their life now that it goes til the 8th grade! Thank God for Garfield!

Garfield Montessori School
Meadow Terrace Place, Decatur, IL  62521
Last modified Garfield Montessori School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garfield Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top