Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Iroquois Community School 1

Posted September 11, 2015
I'm very disappointed in this school ,The curriculum is poor. Very little communication between teacher and parents. My child teacher is being arrogant, couldn't care less for a student. Apparently my child is not doing well academically and socially and yet I can not get any help or advice from her, how am i supposed to help. When I talk to her she says he is doing just fine, and then I'm getting very poor report card.

Iroquois Community School
Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted September 11, 2015
My child just started this school in july, I didn't notice any of this yet.

Posted April 20, 2014
Wonderful school with a supportive, approachable staff! I have children who are present and future Iroquois students and feel so fortunate to have chosen and gotten into this school. The curriculum is stimulating and challenging and the school has great updated technology due to last years remodel. This school is K-8 yet feels very small and tight knit which allows my children and I to feel very comfortable. We are very much looking forward to our future with this Principal and teachers...they really are all fantastic!

Posted April 19, 2014
Great, caring and educated staff. Freshly remodeled building. District provides sufficient funds for technology and teacher training. The only thing missing is a stronger feel of community amongst parents. This school achieves a lot with a very mixed group of kids coming in.

Posted September 18, 2013
We are so happy and felt so incredibly lucky that our Now 7 yr old got into ICS two and a half yrs ago! The Principal and staff are amazing. What I love most is Their focus on every single child's well-being. They Taget bullying and try hard to get kids to see how Fun learning is! They focus on enforcing positive Behavior. If they didn't focus on these important Factors, I bet this school would not have been voted Academic Excellence last year! They are doing an Exceptional Job! The kids want to learn, they look Forward to going to school and that's an incredible Thing to achieve :)

Posted April 09, 2013
My family loves this school! The staff, principal, and parents are very involved in trying to make the learning experience a positive one. We are very proud of the fact that ICS has been recognized by the State of Illinois for Academic Excellence in 2011 and 2012. There are multiple activities for students to pursue and the staff gives freely of their time to support these activities. The students are involved in their community, with fundraisers in support of Children with Cancer, Cystic Fibrosis , Juvenile Diabetes and food/clothing drives for the Des Plaines Food Pantry and area shelters. No school is perfect, but we feel this one comes very close to the mark

Iroquois Community School 1

Posted April 08, 2013
This is a very poor school. The school is extremely unorganized and very poor at communicating effectively and accurately. The staff can be difficult to get a hold of, and often don't respond to messages left for them. The curriculum is seriously lacking. There is a lot of wasted time on busy work, there are no consequences when a student falls behind, and no effort to help them catch up or keep on task. I routinely see my children working on assignments that are well below grade level. Both of my students have reported being bullies at this school as well, despite it priding itself on it's bully prevention system. I would never again choose to send my children here.

Posted April 07, 2011
ICS is a great school--the teachers, staff, and principal have created a safe and supportive learning environment. The Warrior Ways principle promotes safe, respectful, and responsible behaviour (students can receive "Warrior Way" notes from any teacher if they are seen following these 3 principles). I also love that it's a K-8 school which offers numerous opportunities for students from all grades to interact...the "big" kids don't seem so scary to the Kindergarteners/1st graders.

Posted April 16, 2010
ICS is a great school, where all staff, from principal to teachers to all office staff are friendly, supportive of students and create an atmosphere where each student feels welcome and an important member of the ICS community.

Posted July 03, 2008
I have been going to ICS since I was in 2nd grade, and next year I am graduating. I love ICS, the teachers are great and so are the students.

Iroquois Community School
1836 East Touhy Avenue, Des Plaines, IL  60018
Last modified Iroquois Community School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.