Elgin, IL

Posted March 28, 2012
all three of my sons have gone here. Our only regret is that we didn't find it earlier. They when my oldest was in middle school. They have wonderful field trips, sports and people. Finally, the teachers and staff are down home. From the Pastor to the secretary everyone is very kind and Christ centered. Finally, I like the school because it is reasonable. I wish the high school was established, but they are still working on that. I highly recommend this regardless of your race and income.

St Johns Lutheran School 1

Posted November 10, 2010
We went there for four years. This school is run by a group of parents who went to St. John's as children themselves. They see no need to improve the educational process from 30 years ago. I moved my children from here to the low rated public school & found that they were behind!! This school is adequate if you have an average student. If your student is either very bright (or conversely not very bright), very little extra attention will be spent on them. While they do have religious education, they don't foster a Christ-like attitude in their kids. The kids there can be very mean. There is a very definate reason why their enrollment drops considerably as the grades go up. The only exception is Mrs. Childers for preschool. She's fabulous.

St Johns Lutheran School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
Great communication between teachers and parents. Teachers are proactive when a student seems to be having some difficulty with a subject.

St Johns Lutheran School 0

Posted April 29, 2009
Our daughter has attended here for 4 years, and we also have a preschooler going into KG next year and we just love the school. Small classroom sizes, family environment, and a strong sense of community and spiritual growth.

Posted December 08, 2007

Posted October 10, 2006
A great small school. The kids get lots of one-on-one attention from the staff. The other families are very involved. It feels like a community instead of just a school.

Posted April 13, 2005
The best!! i had many choices, my son is nearing the end of first grade here at st johns and i must say i am more than happy with all aspects of this fine school. ''Respect' is taught and there is a low teacher ratio per student and the dedication is unbeleivable. You will find yourself knowing you have made the right choice for your children if you send them to this fine school.

Posted August 26, 2003
St. John's Lutheran School is a great enhancement to your childs life. It is a wonderful environment for children. Not only will do they receive a great education but the are taught about Christ, which is a foundation that is beneficial for your child the rest of their life. I have graduated two children through St. John's and my third has six more years to go. The school has been a blessing for my family.

St Johns Lutheran School
109 North Spring Street, Elgin, IL  60120
Last modified St Johns Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Johns Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top