Elk Grove Village, IL

Posted October 24, 2013
This is a school that has a very engaging staff who appear to be very comitted to the students success. In addition to the great teachers, this school offers something for everyone in terms of all of the available school clubs & activities. Great school!

Posted September 20, 2012
This is a great school! My daughter attended the school for two years, she loves teachers there, loves the classes there. Every improvement she made, she received a reward for. She was an introverted girl, but in the end she could take part in the school speech team! She didn't know art so much, but she could create a medal by herself and it was exhibited in the hall display case! She is only a modest girl, but in the last month before she graduated, the headmaster wrote a letter for her in person, praising all the small progresses she made in the past two years! We never met the principal, but she cared about my child! We love this school more than we can say!!!

Posted February 01, 2010

Posted August 09, 2009

Elk Grove High School 1

Posted October 01, 2008
the new principal is horrible. she has taken away so many rewards and have made the classes harder then they were and they were hard before. freshmen who shouold just be getting used to high school are moved into an AP human geography class instead of normal honors like previous years. her and the district kept the school open in the middle of a flood. there were houses that you couldn't get out of because they were surrounded by water and they were still supposed to go to school.

Posted August 17, 2008

Posted February 27, 2008
EGHS is a great school. Im a freshman, and what goes on in this school is great. But EGHS isn't so perfect. I know that a fight breaks out almost every day, kids are smoking on-campus, and getting past the security is no problem at all. if EGHS really starts to cut down on all the kids that do itiotic stuff, we may actually pass the NCLB act. Oh, and no wonder the old principal stepped down.

Posted May 29, 2007
- a former student
This is the best school I have ever seen. As a student that graduated from EGHS I am very happy with everything that the school had to offer me. The teachers are amazing and very understanding. I never had a bad teacher at EGHS they are all very nice. I would love to send my children there. I work for a school district now and I know that District 214 is one of the best.

Posted December 07, 2006
- a former student
I am a graduate of EGHS and I feel that parents should hear from an 'average' student that attended the school from fall 1999 and graduated in 2003. It is what every high school is you don't do anything you don't get anything out of it but misery. I found clubs to join and was active in the Japanese exchange program for two years. To be the only school in district that offers such a language and to be able to go to Japan is a wonderful opportunity I am grateful for. The teachers are available for help and if they are not there is always a teacher that teaches the subject and can help. Many do not give this school the credit it deserves. Sure some books need to be bought but that is the districts choice not the high schools. I would gladly send my children to EGHS.

Posted August 31, 2006
- a former student
These past years have seen some of the best athletic and extracurricular clubs in the history of the school. School spirit 'gang green' is contagious. As far as teachers, I've had them all and I dont think you'll find better.

Elk Grove High School
500 West Elk Grove Boulevard, Elk Grove Village, IL  60007
Last modified Elk Grove High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elk Grove High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top