Evanston, IL

Posted October 21, 2014
I am the parent of three kids at Dawes. All my children have amazing, dedicated teachers. Can't beat 3 for 3!

Dawes Elementary School 2

Posted June 12, 2014
The bar needs to be raised. The curriculum as well as the learning environment for students needs a improvement. Overall, the staff is friendly, but it is not enough to have a high-performing school.

Posted April 19, 2014
Dawes School is one of the best School that my daughter has gone to in the Chicago Area..I like their staff and all their teachers are very professional starting with their principal,Ms. Karen Bradley. Their after school program is also one that I like most,what with the participation of all retired professionals from the community pooling their talents in helping these students set their goals in life in proper perspective. The school building has really improved , I just hope they make their auditorium more bigger and the whole school grounds be fenced especially the Oakton Street side for the students protection.

Posted February 19, 2014
My daughter has done really well at this school. The school has helped her become a responsible educated member of the community.

Posted January 27, 2014
Dawes is a neighborhood school with a great sense of community. The principal, teachers, and parents really work as a team. My two children feel like it's their home away from home.

Posted January 12, 2012
Dawes School cultivates the whole child. There is a balanced focus on the emotional, social, and academic needs of each student. The school has a positive climate and promotes PBIS which encourages children to be caring, safe, prepared, and respectful. Students are engaged in fine arts and daily p.e. Technology is also a part of the every day learning. The school has a computer lab as well as lap top carts. The curriculum is effective & the PTA is involved. The facilities is well care for & the school backs up to a huge park which is really nice. There are two playgrounds where children can run and play. Most of all kids love coming to school.

Posted January 14, 2011
We are exceptionally satisfied with our experience at Dawes. Communication with the teachers and principle is excellent. My kids look forward to school, daily.

Dawes Elementary School 0

Posted November 17, 2009
I cannot possibly imagine the negative review of the Dawes principal came from anyone who has actually met this principal. Ms. B and I may have our differences, but I never once doubt she acts in what she feels is in the best interest of the individual child and the school community on the whole. We have been at Dawes for 5 years now, with 3 kids, 2 of whom need special ed. This is an incredibly supportive school with a wonderful staff. Jennifer Wilson

Dawes Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
My son and daughter have had a great experience at Dawes. We have had great teachers and have met wonderful, caring families that attend our school. Our principal knows every single kid in the school and is very hands-on. She makes smart decisions and is very mindful of the diverse populations within our school. Many of my children's friends are first generation American and their families come from all over the world. We are so proud to be a part of the Dawes community.

Dawes Elementary School 1

Posted May 28, 2009

Dawes Elementary School
440 Dodge Avenue, Evanston, IL  60202
Last modified Dawes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dawes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top