Bad
Good

I didn't go to this school but I know people who did and people who do. So I cannot judge fairly about everything. I feel like at this school there is a big bullying problem. Mostly I have seen it among the 7th grade "popular" crowd during this time. These kids haven't been taught respect, kindness, and gratefulness. They are spoiled, egotistic, bratty, and more. I think the school needs to have more social workers that are involved and needs to have assemblies or talks of some sort to talk about bullying and that it's not ok. These kids seem to think that it makes them cool when all it does is make them look like a fool.

I am entering 8th grade at Nichols, and am very pleased to be doing so. The staff at Nichols are all great at what they do, and treat every student equally. There is very little bullying, but even the smallest of issues are tackled head on by teachers. I have also witnessed students calling out rude behavior, and making it clear that they won't tolerate it either. All the teachers are smart and caring, and it is obvious that they would do anything to help a student succeed, both academically, and in real life. Every teacher I have had will give up their free time to help a struggling student, before and after school, and during their lunch period. There are many extracurricular activities, like sports, science and math clubs, and even school plays. We always have enough time to socialize, and I, personally, have never felt overwhelmed by any part of school life. Nichols is a fun, safe place to learn, and is great for kids at any level, with any disability, race or gender. I am proud of my school.

This school shocked me. While I thought Evanston schools were excellent in their curriculum, Nichols disappointed me. The students used TOO much profanity, and talked about sex to girls faces. The teachers were not very accommodating, and didn't explain a lot. I expected more from Nichols.

I feel that Nichols is amazing! beautiful! too cool! and a great learning space! I love it personally

As a student at Nichols, I have been dissapointed. I feel that many of the teachers are not dedicated to helping ALL students learn. After all, if you teach to the 'average' student, you are only teaching to one person.

I just transfered my step son from Wilmette because his Father now has joint custodyof him and resides with us. I have to say that because of unforseen circumstances, I registered him on the last day. We did not get a schedule until 10:30 am the first day of school. Between the S.Workers, principal and myself we were able to put togethr a sheduel with his IEP that was very satisfactory. I was quite impressed on how accomodating the whole staff was in welcoming my son into the school. It did help that his best friend goes there and lots of kids that he did know because of EBSA baseball. It was a very smooth transition. For a kid that never has liked school, he comes home happy,likes his and teachers. All in all a thumbs up!

Last year I pulled my daughter out of a private school because of a bullying problem and enrolled her in Nichols mid week- The principle was wonderful and very helpful. She adjusted so easily and found it more challenging. there is no bullying. It is not tolerated like the other school. I'm sure it has it's problems like any other school but going on a field trip I found the children to be so well adjusted and respectful

Now there are many parents and teachers writing reviews about how Nichols Middle School is a good school or a bad school. But as a student who actually goes there. You might get a better idea of it. I love this is school so much. I would not pick another one in the world. The teachers are so welcoming and so friendly. They teach the different subjects perfectly and they know excatly what they are saying and how to explain it. I couldn't be more proud of my school. All my classmates get along so well and there are no bullies at all. This a very good school and you should bring your children here

Last modified Nichols Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.