Evanston, IL

Posted August 20, 2013
I am entering 8th grade at Nichols, and am very pleased to be doing so. The staff at Nichols are all great at what they do, and treat every student equally. There is very little bullying, but even the smallest of issues are tackled head on by teachers. I have also witnessed students calling out rude behavior, and making it clear that they won't tolerate it either. All the teachers are smart and caring, and it is obvious that they would do anything to help a student succeed, both academically, and in real life. Every teacher I have had will give up their free time to help a struggling student, before and after school, and during their lunch period. There are many extracurricular activities, like sports, science and math clubs, and even school plays. We always have enough time to socialize, and I, personally, have never felt overwhelmed by any part of school life. Nichols is a fun, safe place to learn, and is great for kids at any level, with any disability, race or gender. I am proud of my school.

Nichols Middle School 2

Posted April 05, 2012
This school shocked me. While I thought Evanston schools were excellent in their curriculum, Nichols disappointed me. The students used TOO much profanity, and talked about sex to girls faces. The teachers were not very accommodating, and didn't explain a lot. I expected more from Nichols.

Posted February 25, 2011
I feel that Nichols is amazing! beautiful! too cool! and a great learning space! I love it personally

Nichols Middle School 2

Posted January 05, 2010
As a student at Nichols, I have been dissapointed. I feel that many of the teachers are not dedicated to helping ALL students learn. After all, if you teach to the 'average' student, you are only teaching to one person.

Posted September 01, 2009

Nichols Middle School 4

Posted September 29, 2008
I just transfered my step son from Wilmette because his Father now has joint custodyof him and resides with us. I have to say that because of unforseen circumstances, I registered him on the last day. We did not get a schedule until 10:30 am the first day of school. Between the S.Workers, principal and myself we were able to put togethr a sheduel with his IEP that was very satisfactory. I was quite impressed on how accomodating the whole staff was in welcoming my son into the school. It did help that his best friend goes there and lots of kids that he did know because of EBSA baseball. It was a very smooth transition. For a kid that never has liked school, he comes home happy,likes his and teachers. All in all a thumbs up!

Nichols Middle School 0

Posted September 18, 2008
Last year I pulled my daughter out of a private school because of a bullying problem and enrolled her in Nichols mid week- The principle was wonderful and very helpful. She adjusted so easily and found it more challenging. there is no bullying. It is not tolerated like the other school. I'm sure it has it's problems like any other school but going on a field trip I found the children to be so well adjusted and respectful

Posted August 21, 2008
Now there are many parents and teachers writing reviews about how Nichols Middle School is a good school or a bad school. But as a student who actually goes there. You might get a better idea of it. I love this is school so much. I would not pick another one in the world. The teachers are so welcoming and so friendly. They teach the different subjects perfectly and they know excatly what they are saying and how to explain it. I couldn't be more proud of my school. All my classmates get along so well and there are no bullies at all. This a very good school and you should bring your children here

Nichols Middle School 1

Posted June 12, 2008

Nichols Middle School 4

Posted August 14, 2006
Nichols is a very good school given the economic situation the district is in and the very diverse population that it serves. There has been a huge turn-over from old, tired teachers to young, energetic ones who truly seem driven to help the kids that walk through its doors. As with other schools there are some not-so-good and some outstanding teachers at Nichols. With NCLB and better money management, teaching and learning are on the upswing at Nichols.

Nichols Middle School
800 Greenleaf Street, Evanston, IL  60202
Last modified Nichols Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nichols Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top