Posted January 21, 2015
Our daughter is in her 6th year as a Chiaravalle student in Upper Elementary (grades 4-6). I haven't read other reviews of CMS, so forgive me if my praise and gratitude for our great school and community is repetitive of others' comments. I don't mean to sound proud or boastful, and I know that every one will have their own individual experiences and opinions, but Chiaravalle is the type of school and community that we are lucky to enjoy, and we feel that all kids and families should have the same available to them. Though Montessori education was initially an unknown for me, I was a quick "convert" once I got to experience the Chiaravalle environment & community first hand & observed during each school/classroom visit and activity how our daughter thrives here. Chiaravalle manages to be rigorous, welcoming, nurturing and challenging at the same time. My wife & daughter are both living examples of the benefits of Montessori education, which helps children become motivated, confident, self-directed learners, and prepares them well for the worlds outside of school. We could not imagine a school could be any better-suited to our child's academic, personal and social needs.

Posted January 20, 2015
I have three children attending Chiaravalle Montessori. I am amazed at their growth. At 6 years old they know things I didn't learn until much later. Attend a tour to see the kids working and enjoying learning. Chiaravalle is the best!

Posted January 15, 2015
We have a 4 yr old and 9 yr old at Chiaravalle and have been part of this special community of educators and amazing families for 8 years. This school is an extension of our home and family. The faculty are thoughtful, caring and truly passionate about the Montessori method. They know my children very well and always strive bring out the best in them. You will not find a more beautiful learning environment beaming with confident children who love to learn. Chiaravalle is an exceptional school that I highly recommend.

Posted January 15, 2015
Great program, great facility, great teachers and administration. Our daughter has been going here since pre-school and it's been an excellent fit between how she learns and the Montessori philosophy which values independence and a calm and beautiful learning environment.

Posted December 10, 2014
My son is 3 years old and in the preschool program here. His two teachers are both so wonderful. I was worried about his transition to school, as he has so much energy and is a sensitive kid. He loves his school! There is so much movement built into his day and his focus and ability to take care of himself is astounding! We love it.

Posted December 05, 2014
I have children in Upper Elementary and Middle School at Chiaravalle. These very different learners have both had incredible, highly individualized experiences. They are excited to learn and love the integrated studies approach. This is a place where every day something interesting is happening: writing a novel and working to get it published, exploring advanced math concepts, making dinner at a homeless shelter, learning to sew, student initiated service learning, being in a play or designing and building a chair Kids are really engaged. The teachers and staff have been so dedicated. They know my kids and their learning styles really well. Our only regret is not being at Chiaravalle earlier.

Posted October 24, 2014
After four years here, we are so happy to be part of the Chiarvalle family. My older one is now in kindergarten here and I'm amazed at the things that he is learning and encountering. The new Head of the School, Robyn, is really amazing. Even more so are the teachers that have really guided my son's progress and development. This is our daughter's first year there and already she is really growing and learning rapidly. There is a bit of a communication difference varying from classroom to classroom but overall, we have enjoyed our time at Chiaravalle and look forward to future growth together.

Posted March 04, 2014
The new Head of School is amazing and has really made a difference at Chiaravalle. She is a well-rounded and has experience in many roles including teacher, program director, parent and now Head. The school has a wonderful positive feeling and this combined with the excitement of the new North Wing, Chiaravalle is a fantastic choice for any family.

Chiaravalle Montessori School 1

Posted August 11, 2013
This schools sucks. The teachers give like a five minute lesson. And you have listen really well because I this school they give you alot of freedom and they will Turk during the lesson to tell the other students that they are giving a lesson and that they need to be quiet even Though they can't help our selves. and because they are children. But I can tell you this. At first when you go there you be like "mom, dad I love this school" and then when the year after that you will be like "mom I hate this school". But the PE teacher is really nice!!

Posted May 24, 2012
My daughter is currently in fifth grade and she loves it at Chiaravalle. It has helped her become strong in all subjects and learn at her own pace. She is going to seventh grade next year to accommodate her needs, and the principal was supportive and also realistic. The environment is great and she met two of her best friends at Chiaravalle. She is extremely exited to have more homework, and I think this is because of the way they teach there. She started here at Pre-K and fit in right away. The teachers treat everybody equal and keep the drama under control. I would definitely recommend this school to any parent.

Chiaravalle Montessori School
425 Dempster Street, Evanston, IL  60201
Last modified Chiaravalle Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Chiaravalle Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top