Posted May 28, 2015
The Montessori philosophy aligns with how we're raising our children - to be thoughtful, respectful citizens of the world. We love the vibrant community at Chiaravalle and the different backgrounds and professions of the parents and families. The teachers are compassionate and knowledgable and truly love teaching our children. The 3 year program cycle allows the children and teachers to really get to know each other, allows the older children to teach the younger children, and allows the children to explore their own education at different levels. Our children have really gained self confidence and a deep love of learning. We couldn't be happier with the education they're receiving!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 27, 2015
Lots of long-term, experienced teachers, and a fantastic teacher to student ration mean that each child is well known and the education is very individualized.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 27, 2015
No homework really until 6th grade. Time to help family cook, just chill out. I think that's appropriate. There is homework in Middle School but it's very manageable.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 27, 2015
Montessori gives kids time to master material. They learn that if they try hard enough, they can overcome obstacles.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 27, 2015
Montessori helps children see how their actions affect others and the community at large. The kids take responsibility for having a great community, instead of just following rules.

Posted May 27, 2015
It's a big financial sacrifice to send our kids to Chiaravalle, but it's so worth it. Chiaravalle has been an exceptional school for both of our kids. It's been amazing to see how the teachers adapt their teaching approach to their (very) different learning styles. In the last few years, Chiaravalle has massively improved its Learning Resources group, and they can now provide top-notch support for a broad range of students. Our family has directly benefitted from this, and our kids got the support they needed to thrive academically. Whenever I interact with our children and their classmates, I'm struck by how bright, curious, enthusiastic, and empathetic they all are.

Posted January 21, 2015
Our daughter is in her 6th year as a Chiaravalle student in Upper Elementary (grades 4-6). I haven't read other reviews of CMS, so forgive me if my praise and gratitude for our great school and community is repetitive of others' comments. I don't mean to sound proud or boastful, and I know that every one will have their own individual experiences and opinions, but Chiaravalle is the type of school and community that we are lucky to enjoy, and we feel that all kids and families should have the same available to them. Though Montessori education was initially an unknown for me, I was a quick "convert" once I got to experience the Chiaravalle environment & community first hand & observed during each school/classroom visit and activity how our daughter thrives here. Chiaravalle manages to be rigorous, welcoming, nurturing and challenging at the same time. My wife & daughter are both living examples of the benefits of Montessori education, which helps children become motivated, confident, self-directed learners, and prepares them well for the worlds outside of school. We could not imagine a school could be any better-suited to our child's academic, personal and social needs.

Posted January 20, 2015
I have three children attending Chiaravalle Montessori. I am amazed at their growth. At 6 years old they know things I didn't learn until much later. Attend a tour to see the kids working and enjoying learning. Chiaravalle is the best!

Posted January 15, 2015
We have a 4 yr old and 9 yr old at Chiaravalle and have been part of this special community of educators and amazing families for 8 years. This school is an extension of our home and family. The faculty are thoughtful, caring and truly passionate about the Montessori method. They know my children very well and always strive bring out the best in them. You will not find a more beautiful learning environment beaming with confident children who love to learn. Chiaravalle is an exceptional school that I highly recommend.

Posted January 15, 2015
Great program, great facility, great teachers and administration. Our daughter has been going here since pre-school and it's been an excellent fit between how she learns and the Montessori philosophy which values independence and a calm and beautiful learning environment.

425 Dempster Street, Evanston, IL  60201
Last modified Chiaravalle Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Chiaravalle Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top