PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

The Montessori philosophy aligns with how we're raising our children - to be thoughtful, respectful citizens of the world. We love the vibrant community at Chiaravalle and the different backgrounds and professions of the parents and families. The teachers are compassionate and knowledgable and truly love teaching our children. The 3 year program cycle allows the children and teachers to really get to know each other, allows the older children to teach the younger children, and allows the children to explore their own education at different levels. Our children have really gained self confidence and a deep love of learning. We couldn't be happier with the education they're receiving!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Lots of long-term, experienced teachers, and a fantastic teacher to student ration mean that each child is well known and the education is very individualized.

Amount of homework: Agree

No homework really until 6th grade. Time to help family cook, just chill out. I think that's appropriate. There is homework in Middle School but it's very manageable.

It's a big financial sacrifice to send our kids to Chiaravalle, but it's so worth it. Chiaravalle has been an exceptional school for both of our kids. It's been amazing to see how the teachers adapt their teaching approach to their (very) different learning styles. In the last few years, Chiaravalle has massively improved its Learning Resources group, and they can now provide top-notch support for a broad range of students. Our family has directly benefitted from this, and our kids got the support they needed to thrive academically. Whenever I interact with our children and their classmates, I'm struck by how bright, curious, enthusiastic, and empathetic they all are.

Our daughter is in her 6th year as a Chiaravalle student in Upper Elementary (grades 4-6). I haven't read other reviews of CMS, so forgive me if my praise and gratitude for our great school and community is repetitive of others' comments. I don't mean to sound proud or boastful, and I know that every one will have their own individual experiences and opinions, but Chiaravalle is the type of school and community that we are lucky to enjoy, and we feel that all kids and families should have the same available to them. Though Montessori education was initially an unknown for me, I was a quick "convert" once I got to experience the Chiaravalle environment & community first hand & observed during each school/classroom visit and activity how our daughter thrives here. Chiaravalle manages to be rigorous, welcoming, nurturing and challenging at the same time. My wife & daughter are both living examples of the benefits of Montessori education, which helps children become motivated, confident, self-directed learners, and prepares them well for the worlds outside of school. We could not imagine a school could be any better-suited to our child's academic, personal and social needs.

I have three children attending Chiaravalle Montessori. I am amazed at their growth. At 6 years old they know things I didn't learn until much later. Attend a tour to see the kids working and enjoying learning. Chiaravalle is the best!

We have a 4 yr old and 9 yr old at Chiaravalle and have been part of this special community of educators and amazing families for 8 years. This school is an extension of our home and family. The faculty are thoughtful, caring and truly passionate about the Montessori method. They know my children very well and always strive bring out the best in them. You will not find a more beautiful learning environment beaming with confident children who love to learn. Chiaravalle is an exceptional school that I highly recommend.

Great program, great facility, great teachers and administration. Our daughter has been going here since pre-school and it's been an excellent fit between how she learns and the Montessori philosophy which values independence and a calm and beautiful learning environment.

My son is 3 years old and in the preschool program here. His two teachers are both so wonderful. I was worried about his transition to school, as he has so much energy and is a sensitive kid. He loves his school! There is so much movement built into his day and his focus and ability to take care of himself is astounding! We love it.

I have children in Upper Elementary and Middle School at Chiaravalle. These very different learners have both had incredible, highly individualized experiences. They are excited to learn and love the integrated studies approach. This is a place where every day something interesting is happening: writing a novel and working to get it published, exploring advanced math concepts, making dinner at a homeless shelter, learning to sew, student initiated service learning, being in a play or designing and building a chair Kids are really engaged. The teachers and staff have been so dedicated. They know my kids and their learning styles really well. Our only regret is not being at Chiaravalle earlier.

Last modified Chiaravalle Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8