Evanston, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted December 10, 2014
My son is 3 years old and in the preschool program here. His two teachers are both so wonderful. I was worried about his transition to school, as he has so much energy and is a sensitive kid. He loves his school! There is so much movement built into his day and his focus and ability to take care of himself is astounding! We love it.

Posted December 05, 2014
I have children in Upper Elementary and Middle School at Chiaravalle. These very different learners have both had incredible, highly individualized experiences. They are excited to learn and love the integrated studies approach. This is a place where every day something interesting is happening: writing a novel and working to get it published, exploring advanced math concepts, making dinner at a homeless shelter, learning to sew, student initiated service learning, being in a play or designing and building a chair Kids are really engaged. The teachers and staff have been so dedicated. They know my kids and their learning styles really well. Our only regret is not being at Chiaravalle earlier.

Posted October 24, 2014
After four years here, we are so happy to be part of the Chiarvalle family. My older one is now in kindergarten here and I'm amazed at the things that he is learning and encountering. The new Head of the School, Robyn, is really amazing. Even more so are the teachers that have really guided my son's progress and development. This is our daughter's first year there and already she is really growing and learning rapidly. There is a bit of a communication difference varying from classroom to classroom but overall, we have enjoyed our time at Chiaravalle and look forward to future growth together.

Posted March 04, 2014
The new Head of School is amazing and has really made a difference at Chiaravalle. She is a well-rounded and has experience in many roles including teacher, program director, parent and now Head. The school has a wonderful positive feeling and this combined with the excitement of the new North Wing, Chiaravalle is a fantastic choice for any family.

Chiaravalle Montessori School 1

Posted August 11, 2013
This schools sucks. The teachers give like a five minute lesson. And you have listen really well because I this school they give you alot of freedom and they will Turk during the lesson to tell the other students that they are giving a lesson and that they need to be quiet even Though they can't help our selves. and because they are children. But I can tell you this. At first when you go there you be like "mom, dad I love this school" and then when the year after that you will be like "mom I hate this school". But the PE teacher is really nice!!

Posted May 24, 2012
My daughter is currently in fifth grade and she loves it at Chiaravalle. It has helped her become strong in all subjects and learn at her own pace. She is going to seventh grade next year to accommodate her needs, and the principal was supportive and also realistic. The environment is great and she met two of her best friends at Chiaravalle. She is extremely exited to have more homework, and I think this is because of the way they teach there. She started here at Pre-K and fit in right away. The teachers treat everybody equal and keep the drama under control. I would definitely recommend this school to any parent.

Posted November 08, 2011
The strengths of this school are individual attention to each child's learning style, needs and interests. learning happens in a natural way that children find interesting and meaningful. Children are respected and by this example learn to be much more respectful of others than many children in their age group. The school is beautiful, clean and well-lit. The school welcomes all kinds of children and families, has a higher level of racial diversity than most private schools and makes significant efforts to welcome an economically diverse population. As a lesbian family, an interracial family and an adoptive family, we have felt not just welcome, but understood.

Posted October 31, 2011
Chiaravalle is a wonderful school. My son was in the toddler program last year and is now in 3-6. Above all I was looking for was a Montessori program. We live in Andersonville and looked into Rogers Park Montessori and Near North Montessori also. Frankly, both of those schools did not have a space for us because of siblings and limited space, so we enrolled in Chiaravalle. I may have chosen Chiaravalle anyway because it felt more welcoming than the others even though one of the other schools was literally 3 blocks away from where we live. First, it is accredited by AMS, meaning it sticks pretty closely to the Montessori philosophy with some flexibility, which is important to me. Second, they have wonderful teachers and staff. Everyone who works there seems to take ownership of the school environment and are consistent in how they respect the children. Third, the learning environment is beautiful. The school has recently gone through major renovation. The early education rooms are very clean and orderly, and the elementary spaces are amazing. The parent community is great. And finally, most importantly, my son loves going to school every day.

Posted October 21, 2011
My daughter is currently in first grade at Chiaravalle, and both she and I couldn't be happier with the curriculum, teachers, and community. All of my daughter's teachers (and the whole staff) clearly care very much about her (and every child) as a whole child: they are nurturing, encouraging, spend lots of time and energy determining and providing just the right level of challenge for her as an individual learner, and are passionate about learning themselves and help to instill a life-long love of learning in all their students. My child is not just thriving academically at Chiaravalle but learning skills that will serve her well throughout her life.

Chiaravalle Montessori School 1

Posted July 14, 2011
We were at Chiaravalle for 2 years. We had a wonderful first year. However, the second year we discovered that the school is ill-equipped and unwilling to handle differently abled students. The teachers were wonderful, but the resource/special services staff and principal were dismal. Once our child began to experience difficulties at school, we were treated so poorly. The lack of communication and respect was appalling. For example, the principal called us to meetings to discuss our child's functioning and educational placement -- without the teacher's presence or involvement (even though we continually and vehemently insisted that the teacher's presence was essential)! I could go on and on, but I will spare you the details of our horrendous experience. I loved the community and teachers at this school, but this experience broke our hearts. Please beware of Chiaravalle if your child is different in any way.

Chiaravalle Montessori School
425 Dempster Street, Evanston, IL  60201
Last modified Chiaravalle Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Chiaravalle Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top