Galena Primary School 3

Posted December 10, 2012
2012 School failed Federal program "No kids left behind" - two years in a row. Lost Federal funding from program.

Galena Primary School 4

Posted July 29, 2012
I thought the teacher my daughter had for fourth grade was outstanding! My daughter was very shy and the teacher really succeeded in getting her to come out of her shell. She thought the world of him. I always heard how they were doing something different in class, like acting, writing a story with multiple endings, or role playing countries in world war 2 that tied into the book they were reading that she could not stop reading! She also got to play chess with her teacher at lunch, and would not stop talking about it! She then taught me. Turns out he does that most days with one student, and the fact that he does that on his lunch time tells me that he is something special! Most teachers are day in day out kind of workers but he seemed to like spending extra time with the kids instead of it just being the job! I know he won't expect such a review from me, but if you read this, keep up the great work! One weird thing: he was the last staff member (including the principal) at some of the after school events though. I mean I'm pretty sure the principal should be the last man out but my daughters teacher would be the one saying goodbye to everyone.

Galena Primary School 4

Posted April 14, 2010
The staff is caring and the kids are interested, alert and happy.

Galena Primary School
219 Kelly Lane, Galena, IL  61036
Last modified Galena Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Galena Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top