Bad
Good

Posted April 03, 2015
My son has ADHD and is a very difficult child to deal with at times, and the teachers and staff at Steele School are very accommodating to his needs. They are a wonderful group of people and I would recommend the school to anyone! Not sure why the rating is only a 2, should be at least a 6 or 7.

Posted November 09, 2013
Steele School is an amazing school in all. I went there mainly my whole life (1-5) grade. I loved all my teachers, that i had there. My favorite was my second grade and fourth grade teachers (Mrs.Tadie & Mrs.Hintgen) I love you guys!!! But, anyways like I was saying this school is great the kids there are amazing and if I didnt go to this school I wouldn't have my best friends today. My best friends are the best thing that ever happend to me they mainly went here. I am now attending Churchill Jr. High.

Steele School 1

Posted August 31, 2013
This school was a terrible place for me. As a kid, I came here when we moved to the projects next to it. I had gone to a different school before coming here for 4th and 5th grade. I had to be pulled out of school and homeschooled twice. This was due to major bullying, fights, and disciplinary problems. I felt like my mother's concerns about it were dismissed and my own safety was disregarded by the teachers and recess staff. I was suicidal and have PTSD symptoms to this day because of what happened to me at this school, I won't go into it and don't have room, but it was bad.

Posted August 01, 2013
Great school .. Wonderful teachers and a staff that cares about the children. Would recommend to every one

Posted April 16, 2011
steel is a great school i went there my whole life the teachers are great i hear that the got some new people that great to hear (They still are a steel school supper star)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am now at churchill junior high school

Posted February 01, 2011
Steele Elementary is a great school. My son and I enjoy the teachers and the staff

Steele School 4

Posted November 26, 2004
i think this school is good in special ed. and goes out of the way to help those kids who need it. i went to this school when i was littler and had no problems. if they know your child is having problems they do something about it.

Steele School
1480 West Main St, Galesburg, IL  61401
(309) 973-2016
Last modified Steele School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.