Bad
Good

Posted October 29, 2012
I participated in a Dad's Watch Dog day on 10/24. It was a great experience. The kids were enthusiastically engaged and the teachers definitley had a grasp of classroom management. The staff made my day an enjoyable one. The interaction that the teachers had planned for me was well thought out and effectivley applied. I feel very good about Arbor View and the committment of the staff. None of this would be possible without the qualified and enthusiastic leadership of Mr. Bruno. I would like to do this again.

Posted September 02, 2010
I like that this school is in the middle of a neighborhood, not next to a busy road. The school community (administration, teachers, students, parents, siblings,...) make it a great school. The teachers are great and push the students to their abilities.The community just adds to this school. There are "get togethers" like Septemberfest, Halloween Harvest, basket ball league,... that make everyone feel a part of the school. Studies have shown that students do better if they feel they are a part of the school - Arbor View captures this illusive quality.

Arbor View Elementary School

Posted October 08, 2009
We just moved to the area..But already I know that Arbor view is a great school...I have aa child in 3rd grade and a child in the preschool program at Arbor View...the care and loving nature of the teachers and the academics that they have are outstanding...

Posted April 21, 2008
Our children have attended several elementary schools in several states, and Arbor View outshines them all! It is a great school with great teachers and an outstanding Principal in Mr. Diehl.

Posted December 29, 2007
This is a wonderful school! I would never leave our neighborhood, just so I can keep my children in this great school!

Posted August 21, 2007
My child is speech delayed as well as a couple of other things. He was able to join the Early intervention preschool class at Arbor View March of 2006. I noticed at the time that the teachers were kind, the Principal involved and caring, and the security comforting. When My child started in the fall He had a new teacher, Mrs. Chris Gillis. Ms. Chris, Ms. Karen, and Ms. Linda( with the help of the therapists Ms. Beth, Ms. Sue, Mrs Brown) REALLY made an impact on my son. He started tallking more, participating more, and most importantly was excited to go to school every day. These teachers are awesome. My son has been counting the days this summer, waiting to go back and see his favorite teachers. This is his last year there and we will be very sad to say goodbye!

Arbor View Elementary School 1

Posted June 20, 2007
This district teaches to test. They care about test scores. I was not impressed with and administration here.

Posted April 03, 2007
This is a great school. All faculty and teachers are caring, and have a top-notch teaching program. We moved to this area because of the District 89 schools, and we absolutely made the right decision. We could not have done any better. Other suburban schools seem overcrowded, and the kids become a number. Not here, I believe there are less than 350 kids, and it's like a large family. Honestly. Life is so much easier when your kids love school and can't wait to get to school in the morning. The school is also in a safe location, as it's tucked into an older subdivision called Valley View, so it's not located on a busy street or in a busy area. It's literally in the middle of a neighborhood, and if you didn't live there, you wouldn't even know there was a school in there.

Arbor View Elementary School 4

Posted January 04, 2006
This is a wonderful school. The academics provided at Arbor View are quite superior to many of the other elementary schools in our area. The only one I feel compares well with it is Briar Glen Elementary. The staff are warm and accomodating which only serves to further facilitate an above average degree of parental involvement. The art and music teachers are excellent and keep things very interesting for our kids. This school has an excellent reading program and mathematics program as well. We have been very pleased all around with Arbor View.

Posted March 15, 2004
Arbor View is the best! Kevin Diehl does an amazing job of running this school. He knows each and every child by name as well as their family. The teachers are outstanding! My children are fluorishing here and are way ahead of other kids academically from different schools - look at the test scores. Most importantly... my children are safe, loved, treated with respect and protected. The front office staff is amazing! They will do anything and everything to keep you informed and they treat you as family. There are many involved parents (no cliques) and everyone is always welcome. You can participate as much or as little as you'd like. I would HIGHLY recommend this school to anyone! We are considering moving out of state and leaving Arbor View will be the hardest part. We LOVE it here and they will be a tough act to follow.

Arbor View Elementary School
22W430 Ironwood Drive, Glen Ellyn, IL  60137
Last modified Arbor View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arbor View Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top