Hazel Crest, IL

Posted October 28, 2013
Mae Jemison functions from the intellegience and grace of two wonderful gentleman. Mr. Scott and Mr. Johns are extremely appreciated. Leaders.

Posted February 11, 2010

Posted August 03, 2009

Posted April 22, 2008
this school is the best this district has to offer!!

Mae Jemison School 0

Posted February 29, 2008
I think that this school is one of the best in the district considering my childs behavior they have still worked with her through it all and i appreciate that. Just want to say thanks to the staff as a whole and keep up the excellent work.

Mae Jemison School 0

Posted December 05, 2007
I have seen 2 of my girls through Mae Jemison and have 1 in 1st grade now. I'd love to see more time spent actually teaching and ensuring the kids have gotten the lesson. I've seen parental support but it leaves alot to be desired. I've also seen the bldg. through 3 principals and have loved each of them- Dr. Patterson was by far the best. The PTO at the school if fabulous! Kudo's the the custodians also for keeping our building in good shape. The secretaries are very professional and helpful.

Posted November 05, 2007
I love my school!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted August 20, 2007
My daughter has been a student at Mae Jemison for two years now. I love the school and the teachers that she has had so far. She is learning and doing much more than I was at this age. She is and has been an honor student since day one. Special thanks to Principal Patterson, Mrs. Chinske, and Ms. Skinner. You all are the best.

Posted July 31, 2007
I had two children in Mae jemison one in 2nd grade and one in kindergarden and they had excellent teachers . They were both helpful and concerned. Ihave another child attending the 2007-2008 school year and I hope she has the same creative and helpful teachers as her brothers.

Posted March 29, 2007
Mae Jemison has an excellent principal and many very good teachers. As with any group, some teachers are less talented than others, but as a whole they are good. I would be happier with less consentration on testing and more on learning what the students need to give them a solid well-rounded education, but this is a problem system-wide as there is more emphasis on test scores and less on actual knowledge. There is a need for more student activities.

Mae Jemison School
3450 West 177th Street, Hazel Crest, IL  60429
Last modified Mae Jemison School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mae Jemison School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top