Bad
Good

My sixth grader is in honors math and LA. She absolutely loves Aux Sable, and so do I.

Amazing school. Have had 3 children attend. It is much better now with Dr Boswell there. Mr O'Hara is great too. They handle issues right away and don't put up with any nonsense. There are some kids there who I definetly don't want my kids around-but you get that everywhere. That woud be a parenting problem. Excellent, friendly staff. Teachers have great communication. Mrs. Bedore, Mr Rooney and Ms Fulco are hands down some of the greatest teachers we have ever encountered. This school deserves an A+

My older son goes to this school he likes it very much, it is a nice school go Bulldogs.

The recent parent post couldn't be more wrong. The new principal has cleaned house and gotten rid of bad teachers. He does not let parents push each other around. He has always been approachable and all parents in our neighborhood love him. We are proud parents to say we go to Aux Sable. That school is awesome. We had a student go through AS and hated it when the old principal was there. Talk about doing nothing. We now have a visionary and safe school because of his high expectations. He is excellent with face to gave conversations when we had a teacher concern. The parent who posted here, give the guy a chance. He's cleaning up 8 years of bad stuff. Set up a meeting to see him. He's good people. Parents really need to take care of their kids and not expect schools to raise them.

My Son attended Aux Sable and I have nothing but good things to say! Mr. O'Hara Rocks!

Awful experience. Went to principal with a problem and it was completely ignored. He told us he would deal with our concerns but he failed to. When we went back to it with him to find out why he hadn't handled it didn't apologize or take responsibly for not addressing what he assured us he would. We feel taken advantage of. His perceived authority makes him think he is not accountable to the parents of kids in his school. We feel absolutely trapped with no place to turn., Please other parents with similar problems with the principal or his staff please share your experience and any ideas or solutions you might have had success with. Ty Ty !!

I use to attend this school last year. And I can just my three years here were FANTASTIC!! The teachers were awesome! Everyone there were awesome! I loved my middle school experience at Aux Sable! It was the best! I miss it soooo much! LETS GO BULLDOGS<3

I hated this school. I was constantly bullied, and nobody seemed to want to do anything about it. I wouldn't recommend this school to anybody or your child.

My oldest child attended Aux Sable. My younger child went to a different middle school. As I compare the two schools, I realize I did a real disservice to my oldest child by sending her there. She was constantly bullied, to the point where she would cut herself at night. Teachers tried to help but they made the problem worse by making public comments to her and not knowing how to communicate their concerns to me. I tried to get her involved in activities, but meetings were often cancelled and information was not relayed to me. The teachers were very young and immature . When I contacted them they were defensive and unresponsive. The school had a lot of cliques. The positive reward system in place only worked for the kids with out of control behaviors. Little was done to recognize the "good" kids. This was a horrible three years that my child had to endure. She still has the scars on her legs and arms to show it. (She has not had these problems since transferring schools)

I am currently in my last year at A.S.M.S. I agree that sometimes behavior does get out of hand & students receives little or no consequences whatsoever. But I do not agree that it is all the teachers fault. We are good students with the exceptions of a few & yes students misbehave we aren't perfect but the teachers also do their best to maintain a healthy environment to study. There are not many teachers that i am personally comfortable talking to. Honestly there were about 3 which 2 of them got transferred or laid off due to changes in the district. There are lots of clubs & sports that students can get involved in but if you want to join a club you must fill out an application & get teachers sign them & if you do not make it then it kind of sucks 'cause you can put your heart into the application but they usually only accept people they know. As a student leader i try to stay out of as much drama as possible because it gets you into nothing but trouble at Aux Sable. & just like a review said about teachers loving or hating you... It's true even though teachers say it's not. But overall , Aux sable is a pretty good school , it's not the teachers it's the students. RESPECT.

Last modified Aux Sable Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.