Joliet, IL
Students enrolled: 1,057

Posted October 20, 2014
My older son goes to this school he likes it very much, it is a nice school go Bulldogs.

Posted May 17, 2014
The recent parent post couldn't be more wrong. The new principal has cleaned house and gotten rid of bad teachers. He does not let parents push each other around. He has always been approachable and all parents in our neighborhood love him. We are proud parents to say we go to Aux Sable. That school is awesome. We had a student go through AS and hated it when the old principal was there. Talk about doing nothing. We now have a visionary and safe school because of his high expectations. He is excellent with face to gave conversations when we had a teacher concern. The parent who posted here, give the guy a chance. He's cleaning up 8 years of bad stuff. Set up a meeting to see him. He's good people. Parents really need to take care of their kids and not expect schools to raise them.

Posted April 21, 2014
My Son attended Aux Sable and I have nothing but good things to say! Mr. O'Hara Rocks!

Posted April 09, 2014
Awful experience. Went to principal with a problem and it was completely ignored. He told us he would deal with our concerns but he failed to. When we went back to it with him to find out why he hadn't handled it didn't apologize or take responsibly for not addressing what he assured us he would. We feel taken advantage of. His perceived authority makes him think he is not accountable to the parents of kids in his school. We feel absolutely trapped with no place to turn., Please other parents with similar problems with the principal or his staff please share your experience and any ideas or solutions you might have had success with. Ty Ty !!

Posted January 30, 2014
I use to attend this school last year. And I can just my three years here were FANTASTIC!! The teachers were awesome! Everyone there were awesome! I loved my middle school experience at Aux Sable! It was the best! I miss it soooo much! LETS GO BULLDOGS<3

Posted September 13, 2013
I hated this school. I was constantly bullied, and nobody seemed to want to do anything about it. I wouldn't recommend this school to anybody or your child.

Aux Sable Middle School 2

Posted June 28, 2012
My oldest child attended Aux Sable. My younger child went to a different middle school. As I compare the two schools, I realize I did a real disservice to my oldest child by sending her there. She was constantly bullied, to the point where she would cut herself at night. Teachers tried to help but they made the problem worse by making public comments to her and not knowing how to communicate their concerns to me. I tried to get her involved in activities, but meetings were often cancelled and information was not relayed to me. The teachers were very young and immature . When I contacted them they were defensive and unresponsive. The school had a lot of cliques. The positive reward system in place only worked for the kids with out of control behaviors. Little was done to recognize the "good" kids. This was a horrible three years that my child had to endure. She still has the scars on her legs and arms to show it. (She has not had these problems since transferring schools)

Aux Sable Middle School 4

Posted August 04, 2011
I am currently in my last year at A.S.M.S. I agree that sometimes behavior does get out of hand & students receives little or no consequences whatsoever. But I do not agree that it is all the teachers fault. We are good students with the exceptions of a few & yes students misbehave we aren't perfect but the teachers also do their best to maintain a healthy environment to study. There are not many teachers that i am personally comfortable talking to. Honestly there were about 3 which 2 of them got transferred or laid off due to changes in the district. There are lots of clubs & sports that students can get involved in but if you want to join a club you must fill out an application & get teachers sign them & if you do not make it then it kind of sucks 'cause you can put your heart into the application but they usually only accept people they know. As a student leader i try to stay out of as much drama as possible because it gets you into nothing but trouble at Aux Sable. & just like a review said about teachers loving or hating you... It's true even though teachers say it's not. But overall , Aux sable is a pretty good school , it's not the teachers it's the students. RESPECT.

Aux Sable Middle School 4

Posted July 26, 2011
I am an Aux Sable parent...and have had a great deal of contact with the teachers as well as the administration at this school. The team of teachers (6 green) that my daughter had this past year was EXCELLENT. They took a personal interest in my students learning...and did everything they could to help her meet her goals and to keep pace. She was honor roll all four quarters through her hard work as well as this amazing group of teachers going above and beyond to help her understand her studies...even cutting into their personal time to do it. The administrators can be strict, but seem fair. Mrs. Alexander (Principal) is a wonderful lady who seems ot handle everything in stride...Mr. Merrick (Vice-Principal) is stern yet pleasant and both appear to not only take their jobs seriously but are consummate professionals. The students tend to have more behavioral issues and out of control behavior than you would like to see (and that wasn't displayed at the elementary school they came from) but I think this is due to the parents. I have never seen a group of people more collectively rude than the parents at Aux Sable. It only makes sense that they would pass it on to their kids!

Posted June 16, 2011
Boring. Too cliche. This school should be getting a 1. A teacher either loves you or hates you. It's obvious who they love.

Aux Sable Middle School
2001 Wildspring Parkway, Joliet, IL  60431
Last modified Aux Sable Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aux Sable Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top