Lake In The Hills, IL
Students enrolled: 1,037

Posted March 04, 2015
Teachers, admin and PTA are so involved in keeping this school a positive environment and having students achieve the best they can with all the bells and whistles possible. My son loves it and my 6 month old even enjoys the districts parent tot program at the school. There were a few bad teachers with a bad reputation. But looks like they've been moved elsewhere in the district. They do listen!

Posted June 28, 2013
My daughter has done exceptional in this school and we are very happy with the level of education she has gotten, and her teachers compassion for their students in Kindergarten and 1st grade. She tested 99% in their MAP tests both years, and that is because of the teachers dedication and hard work! We are sad to be leaving May Chesak as my daughter LOVES it there and looked forward to going each and every day. I HIGHLY recommend it!

Posted November 10, 2009
Love it! The teachers are amazing, the school is very well run and the kids are getting an amazing education! With the amount of students who attend the school, it truly runs so smoothly!

Posted September 17, 2009
The teachers are supurb! The entire building works together; which is saying something when there are 16 classes of EACH grade!

Posted April 25, 2006
Great School academically wise... School lacks certain extras ie plays/performances due to its large student body. This is unfortunate, since we all would like to see the age group k-2 on stage.

Chesak Elementary School 4

Posted February 03, 2006
My child attends Chesak and my other children have attended that school as well. I have been impressed with the quality of academic programs and believe District 158 works hard at being one of the best school districts in the NW Suburbs. As far as availability of extracurricular activities, we are haveing financial struggles in the district due to enormous residential growth in the district. I believe this is one of the most growing areas in the state. As a result of the financial hardships we have had to cut alot of the extracurricular activities. As far as the level of parent involvement, there are opportunities to get involved. There are meetings where they ask you to come and be heard, teachers always need help in the classroom, the PTA is another way to get involved. We are very happy in District 158 and believe we are getting a quality education.

Posted August 26, 2005
I like the school and the teachers. She is learning so much. My daughter loves going to school. She is in first grade and loves her teachers and is learing a lot.

Posted August 22, 2004
My daughter attended all day kindergarden last year. I t was the best thing for her. She also has a great teacher for 1st grade. D158 has done an excellent job managing an exeptional program on a limited budget. My daughter could not have a more positive outlook on school thanks to the teachers and staff at Cheasak.

Posted August 04, 2004
My daughter attended the first year of full-day kindergarten last year and it was exceptional. She is reading well and was able to spend time in music, art and p.e. everyday. The teachers at Chesak are fantastic. Her Kindergarten teacher had 14 years of teaching experience. Another review talked about the bell times. The bell time change is for a different school (Martin Elementary 3-5) and were necessary cuts after the spring referendum narrowly failed. I applaud the district for making cuts, although difficult, that will not comprimise the high quality of education. The referendum vote will happen again in the fall and will likely pass with great parent support. This will greatly improve the future financial situation of this excellent school district. I am so happy that my daughter is receiving her education in d158.

Posted May 24, 2004
The school district is in major debt and with no forseeable way out other than for the state to take over. I am concerned about the bell times. My children will be getting out of school at 5:00 p.m. and not home until 5:30 or later. It is dark here and that is unsafe. This is one of the solutions the board decided to reduce the debt. The teachers are great. The principal is great. The school itself is wonderful. It is the district unfortunately that has the problem and therefore so do all of the schools within the district.

10910 Reed Road, Lake In The Hills, IL  60156
Last modified Chesak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Chesak Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top