PK, 3-5|Public district
1,233 students|Cons School District 158

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Martin Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 17, 2015
Words cannot express my extreme gratitude to Ms. Oltman and all of the staff at Martin. Last year, our family needed to relocate due to some difficult life events. We left the only home and school my son had ever known and moved. While we remained in the same district, boundaries required he change schools. The Principal, Mr.Stotz was amazing and supportive in helping get Michael placed in a classroom that would support him in this time of transition. His teacher, Ms. Oltman has been phenomenal in supporting his adjustment in the new school. Michael is thriving! He lives fifth grade and has made so many friends! He comes home daily with stories to share from his classroom, his teacher, and the amazing learning opportunities available to him. We simply could not be happier with this fantastic outcome preceded by such difficult life events!

Posted October 21, 2015
For years we pushed and pushed to get our son extra help in several areas he was lacking to no avail. After moving to a new district it's been a night and day difference. Our son now has the support he needs and is entitled to. It's really sad to say but moving out of this district was one of the best things for my family.

Posted June 04, 2014
If your thinking about moving in the Huntley/Lake In The Hills area and looking for schools for your children...well this is it!!! My husband got a job offer in another state and I am very sad to leave the School District of 158. My children loved Martin!!! The teachers (especially Ms. Kunde , Ms. Bueche, Ms. Gross, Mrs. Wise, and Mrs. Girmscheid) have nurtured my children into well-rounded, intellectual, and respectful children. As an involved parent at this school there are a lot of amazing teachers at this school. Martin just keeps getting better and better as each year passes. The gifted program is run by a very involved Mrs. Kuchta...gotta give a shout out to her. My daughter is in the Gifted program and Mrs. Kuchta has done wonders with the program this year! The Martin teachers are all very clued in on what certain kids need. I believe it's because the teachers and principal work as a team which makes the school a great school!!

Martin Elementary School 2

Posted February 12, 2014
Seriously people. My son is at Martin Elementary; has a 27:1 student to teacher ratio. Yes!! 27-1!! I have another child who is in first grade at Chesak; 23:1 ratio. They seem generally happy with school; however I can't believe they are receiving the proper attention in the classroom. I find it interesting when reading reviews on the schools promoting their low 15:1 student to teacher ratio. Why am I the only one posting such an important fact?

Posted June 27, 2013
My kids went to Martin and had nothing but a great experience. The teachers care about the kids. I see other ratings based on one interaction with a parent and teacher over male vs female. Sad. Please focus on the quality of the teachers, overall school scores and did the kids have a good time and progress. This school gets high marks in all categories. My kids enjoyed the school and felt very safe. I found most teachers held the student accountable for their actions but are flexible enough to work with specific situations and parents. I like that the school uses PowerSchool so you can track your child's progress daily. You know what team your kids are in and what teachers are a part of that team. You can contact them fairly easily.most teachers are responsive and the best ones post homework and references so you can still get the homework even if your child is somewhat forgetful. This sets them up for success since the whole point to homework is to practice and learn the skills not punish the child for forgetting to bring it home. The principal is engaging. Any complaint of wrongdoing from a child or parent is addressed quickly. I would recommend this school without hesitation.

Posted August 12, 2010
During a Parent Teacher 2007 meeting I asked my son's teacher when will the school begin hiring men to better mentor and serve as a teacher leader role models. The teacher responded that they "had a Math teacher" who was a man. As of this writing for the academic year 2010-11 out of about 90 teaching and administration positions at Martin, there are still no men. I am not now surprised why American boys are left behind in feminist-styled school structure.

Posted April 16, 2009
We were forced to pull our children from this school and send them to private. This school is a disappointment!

Martin Elementary School 4

Posted March 07, 2006
My son attends the at risk pre school program. overall is wonderful, small class sizes great teachers. i think the testing process is a little slow. after the initial screening it took over a month and four more visits to put him in a class. but well worth the wait

Posted January 07, 2006
I think Martin is agreat school.The techers there are very good with the kids.They are like family.They worked with my son and brought his grades way up since he has been there.

Posted April 15, 2005
This is one of the best schools in the country. I love Martin.

Martin Elementary School
10920 Reed Road, Lake In The Hills, IL  60156
Last modified Martin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.