Mchenry, IL

Hilltop Elementary School 5

Posted June 03, 2013
This is the best school ever i just graduated as a 6th grader and the teachers and students are wonderful and no bullying goes on and allot of parents are involved you will LOVE hilltop elementary school

Hilltop Elementary School 4

Posted August 16, 2011
This is the second year my 2 kids have been at Hilltop. It is a very disciplined school and the principal and vice principal are always on site and active in the daily running of the school and attend all events held by the school. Good behavior rewarded at the classroom AND the school level. I was very happy with my son's 2nd grade experience (Ms. Wisniewski). His reading level increased more than expected, a wide variety of subjects were taught, and hard work and good behavior were expected and rewarded in a variety of ways. I'm very excited that my daughter will now be exposed to the same environment. I wasn't as happy with my daughter's first grade experience, though that may have just been the teacher. It was more of an all day kindergarten. My son was in first grade at a different school and his reading level increased dramatically during that year. My daughter's barely increased at all. She was rarely challenged or taught anything new. I was a classroom mom and know first hand that reading was not a priority in any way (not even instructions). They rarely had homework to learn daily discipline. She learned more this summer from me than the entire 9 previous months.

Posted May 06, 2010
Hilltop is a good school, and this will help them be able to do more for the kids there.

Hilltop Elementary School 5

Posted April 20, 2010
It's where my grandson goes and my daughter says that the staff and teachers are wonderful. Anything to help the kids.

Posted December 14, 2009
The school is over populated. The district special education is not very sensitive to the needs of the students. Their IEP does not serve its purpose and the speech therapist is stretched thin to be effective- leaves you the feeling that they just do it to say they do something. The school is typically rural oriented and does not cover a well rounded curriculum for special and non special needs kids. I would like to move just because my kids can be served better in other districts.

Posted October 03, 2009
My son was student there and recieved and great education from the teachers. They are great!!!!

Posted December 10, 2008
This school is okay, it gets the job done. It is very under funded and over populated. It is clear in talking to the teachers that this school needs additional funding.

Posted January 05, 2006
The school used to be great, but in the past few years several failed referendums have taken their toll. Class sizes are learger than average and there is few to no extracurricular activities. If the new referendum does not pass, all recess will be eliminated and so will music, art, learning center, and PE. So basically students will only be exposed to the core subjects - nothing more.

2615 West Lincoln Road, Mchenry, IL  60051
Last modified Hilltop Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3
Hilltop Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top