Mount Prospect, IL

St Emily Elementary School 4

Posted December 23, 2014
St Emily school is providing all of my children an excellent faith-based education. The teachers are supportive and nurturing to the students in both their educational and emotional needs. The school offers a variety of clubs and activities as well as athletic teams. Couldn't be happier here. GO EAGLES!!!

St Emily Elementary School 1

Posted December 21, 2014
I read an earlier review that nailed it right on the head. In short, the younger teachers through 3rd grade are very good. However yhe older teachers are not well versed in current pedagogy nor do the care to stop teaching the way they were taught. There is rampant bullying that occurs in the higher grade levels unfortunately the principal and her teachers are not equipped to handle this behavior. You are better off seeking another private school or go public where the have better resources.

Posted May 19, 2014
This School has been the biggest blessing of my life. I was a newly single mother of 2 boys when I signed my older son up for the all day kindergarten. The staff was so welcoming. Mrs. Wose, the before and after care teacher is so kind and sweet to all of the children. The older kids at this school help and look after the younger ones. No one gets bullied or picked on. Now in first grade my older son has had trouble learning how to read. Mrs. Willing has been right there trying to figure out the problem. I am just blown away by how they have taken care of this. They have been incredibly proactive in making sure he gets what he needs to keep up. My younger son is very shy and hated going to daycare. He would cry every morning and break my heart. Now at the full day preschool at St. Emily is is happy. Mrs. Stephens, the preschool teacher is an angel. She is very sweet and kind with all of the children. I cannot say enough about St. Emily school. It is the best place around as far as I am concerned.

St Emily Elementary School 2

Posted February 07, 2014
My daughter went to St. Emily for 2 years in preschool and 1 year in kindergarten. After the kindergarten, I had to take her out to a public school. First of all, I don't know what St. Emily's main focus is, academic or fundraising. Everyday my daughter went home with tons of fund raising flyers but no homework assignments. Second half of kindergarten year, she started to have homework once a week but it was too easy. It was just one page and she finished it in 5 minutes. I was so surprise at the amount of homework for a kindergartener, so I asked around, and all my friends' kids who went to public schools learned a lot more than my daughter. I taught my daughter to read at home while she was still learning one letter per week at school. So after couple months teaching her to read, I was proud to tell my friends that my daughter could read now. They said their kids read one book a week for several months already. Not only in reading, same thing with math. My daughter was still learning 1-30 at school while my friends' kids were learning adding and subtracting. On top of this, people were not friendly. They were in and out the school without saying hello to each other.

Posted November 19, 2012
St. Emily is a great school with amazing teachers!! All my kids graduated from here and had a wonderful experience!!! Go eagles!!!!

Posted October 27, 2012
St Emily school has provided all three of my children an excellent education, with different needs. The school offers a variety of clubs and activities and a wonderful and supportive community. My eldest child has excelled in honors and AP courses much to do with his preparedness. If you are looking for faith based superior education with support, safety and wonderful families this is the place to be!

Posted October 27, 2012
Simply awesome school and community! Not perfect but have been extremely happy and so are my children!

St Emily Elementary School 1

Posted March 24, 2012
I would put negative stars, but sadly, I can't. I was a St. Emily student and I was chased out by merciless bullies, useless teachers, a back stabbing community and no academic attention. If you're looking for a Catholic school in the Northwest suburbs, go St. Raymond. The St. Emily FLIGHTLESS Eagles know who wrote this.
2 people found this helpful

St Emily Elementary School 2

Posted July 26, 2009

Posted March 07, 2009
I'm currently a student at St. Emily school. I'm glad that my parents chose St. Emily's. The teachers are nice, and if you need extra help, you can get tutored. I LOVE my education here St. Emily's.

St Emily Elementary School
1400 East Central Road, Mount Prospect, IL  60056
Last modified St Emily Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Emily Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top