PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Two of my kids that have already graduated from St Emily's are doing great in high school. I love st Emily's teachers and small class sizes!!

My son is in Mrs. Slivka's second grade class at this time and has been a student since pre-k3. I only know this for sure. My son can't wait to go to school in the morning. Education is NOT just reading and math. It is the development of the whole person. To teach the children HOW to learn and HOW to problem solve not just fill their head with data to pass a test. Up to this point there isn't enough room on this site to tell you how impressed we are with the development of my son as a whole person. Attitude is everything here. The saddest thing is wasted and undeveloped talent. My son has been given a growth mindset here instead of a fixed mindset. Extremely happy to sacrifice hard earned money to establish a strong foundation for my son here. St Emily Single Parent

Hello, I have been student at St. Emily Catholic Institution for 8 years and, at the risk of sounding subjective, I can just say that my experience at the school has greatly deteriorated my academic capabilities. For instance, my 5th grade science teacher could no explain what a wormhole was, WHICH IS IN FACT, the basis for Einstein's theory of relativity....you're kidding me right??? Also, the number of children considered obese increased 10 fold due to us winning the ice cream thing. There was also some weird guy with puppets who did a terrible adaption to the classic Christmas story "A Christmas Carol". Furthermore, the day-care students would not shut up and I, the most polite and obedient student to ever exist on this planet, would also get in trouble due to the little manifestations of annoyance. In conclusion, all I learned from that school was that the mitochondria was the powerhouse of the cell.

If you care about your children's academics and future success in high school and beyond, you will send them to a higher-ranked PUBLIC middle school that is more well-established and employs better teachers with genuine credentials. Send your kids to Sunday school but don't risk their academics and stifle their intellectual capabilities just because you want faith incorporated into their education. If you must send your kids to a Catholic school, I recommend St. Raymonds, as those students really shine in high school. This is not to say for St. Emily's students.

Attending St. Emily School was the by far, worst experience of my life. The teachers, especially the middle school teachers are the worst. They have no personality, talk in the halls for most of our class periods, and they are unenthusiastic about what they are teaching, not to mention the teachers make it VERY obvious who their "favorites" are. The principal is a zero, she has no personality either, and if you have a problem she won't do much AT ALL. Sure, there will be great ratings, and lots of praise about this school but who wouldn't want to give a school you attend great ratings? The truth is, all of that is fake. This school is a poor excuse for a good Catholic school. You'd be much better off seeking St. Raymonds or a public school, trust me I switched and IM MUCH HAPPIER!

St. Emily School Produces Well-rounded Students! Are you seeking a faith-based education for your children? You need to look no further than St. Emily School. St. Emily school takes learning beyond the course text books to foster well-rounded people. Students at all grade levels are encouraged to do their best in school, extra-curricular activities, and develop good relationships with themselves, classmates, friends, family, and God. And this takes time. St. Emily School is 3-year old pre-school to 8th grade. The devoted faculty offer a variety of teaching styles and techniques which is enhanced by their years of service (and life) experiences with one common shared faith. Life does offer many challenges at times, and thank goodness! As a parent whose children began in the 3-year old pre-school program, I am grateful when real-life situations present themselves at school, so my children (and I) have the opportunity to strengthen their faith through the teachings of Jesus--patience, forgiveness, and acceptance--in a loving and safe environment. These are priceless skills which will be used beyond any course text book and even well beyond the walls of the school.

I am a proud St. Emily alum! My husband and I feel VERY fortunate to be able to send our children to this same, excellent, blue ribbon school. St. Emily offers faith-based education, an exciting athletic program, and a feeling of close community. School spirit at St. Emily is huge! I was surprised to read some comments on this site regarding bullying being an issue. My children have never experienced or witnessed this in any form. If on the fence regarding school choice, I would encourage anyone to come to an open house or shadow day to see for themselves the experience St. Emily has to offer.

We have been part of the St. Emily School Family for ten years. I can't say enough about what a wonderful place it is. The teachers and staff care deeply about each student. They work with the parents to create a safe and loving environment where excellence, teamwork and respect are encouraged and displayed daily. MANY of the teachers are St. Emily graduates who have come back. That alone speaks volumes about how special this school is. There are numerous clubs (from Drama and Lexiconz, to Legos, Student Council and Yearbook, just to name a few) and athletic opportunities for all students. My sons are thriving in their classes, getting an excellent faith-based education, learning teamwork in their athletic and club involvement, and making friendships that will last a lifetime.

We love St. Emily School! Our son is getting the Catholic education we always wanted, and he is excelling in academics as well as athletics. There are many extra curricular activities available form Kindergarten through 8th grade. He is part of an advanced reading group (there are also reading groups for kids who need help). St. Emily provides a nurturing environment where my son is learning that all of God's children deserve love and respect. I am fortunate to spend time volunteering in school where I have seen teachers provide one-on-one help for kids struggling to fit in or just to sit still in class. Bullying has never been tolerated here, and the principal's door is always open to the parent's concerns.

I have a child who graduated from St. Emily's and 5 other children who are currently enrolled there. My husband & I are extremely happy with the education our children are receiving. They are prepared academically, socially & spiritually for the world beyond grade school! The teachers are attentive to the students needs & un-Christian treatment of others is not tolerated. Our children are taught & always encouraged to treat others as they would want to be treated. Any problems that arise, (cause let's face it, problems always arise), can be addressed with teachers &/or principal and a solution found. St. Emily's is a great community/parish/school! Our family is proud to be a part of it & I highly recommend St. Emily's school to anyone looking for a small, tight-knit, caring place for their child/children. Thank you St. Emily staff & teachers for all that you do to help raise & educate our children. Go Eagles!!!

Last modified St Emily Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8