Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted June 26, 2016
My first two children have had an amazing experience at MHS. We are looking forward to the new STEM addition that will make MHS even better!

Posted February 15, 2016
Quality education: - many AP course offerings - enrichment and support when needed - STEM lab and Project Lead the Way (coming fall 2016) hosting a large variety of courses including: STEM inquiry and research, AP computer science, and Nanotechnology, to name a few. Amazing teachers, coaches and club advisors: - approachable - supportive - available - informative Various opportunities for students to explore their interests: - Athletics - over 40 clubs - Music: award-winning Show Choirs, bands and theater Mundelein High School is a true model for the melting pot in which we live. My children have learned to respect and collaborate with others from various ethnicities, experiences and backgrounds, truly preparing them for their college education and the world in which we live.

Posted February 07, 2016
All the teachers put the kids first. They all know the kids by name. The conferences are always a 2 way conversation.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 24, 2015
I have never seen anything that would doubt this statement. The young men and women I see coming out of this school exude those traits.

Posted July 24, 2015
Great social environment. More one on one with teachers. AP classes rock! Educators seems like they really care. We got the results. 4's and 5's on the AP exams, 32 on ACT on the first try as a junior, and looking at gettng into colleges of choice with scholarships!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 24, 2015
My husband and I moved here from out of state and found a wonderful neighborhood to live but worried about the high school our youngest would eventually attend based on what others had said to us during the move. Fast forward and my son is about to be a Senior at Mundelein High. I can not say enough great things about this institution. My son came into his own and found himself here. This school has really nurtured him as an individual and as a student. He makes straight A's, takes AP classes and scores 4's and 5's. He took the ACT test as a junior and scored a 32 the first time. The social environment seems to be more balanced than surrounding schools from what I have heard and observed. Bottom line, we are MORE than pleased with Mundelein Consolidated High School. And to think we we thinking about shelling out big bucks on a private school . So glad we listened to our son when he told us that he wanted to go to Mundelein. Everyone is happier for it (including our wallets. So if you hear anyone bad mouthing Mundelein, trust me when I say they have no clue what they are talking about and just proliferating hear say.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 22, 2015
My siblings and I went to MHS. I am a lawyer and my siblings are a physician and teacher. The three of us are all very different, but all felt safe, accepted, and "cared about" by the MHS educators. My step son also went to MHS years later. Due to moves, it was the third area high school he had attended. The other high schools he had attended had higher rankings, but he liked MHS the best- his comment was there was less social pressure, less activities you may expect from 'idle' high schools, and diversity among people and interests. Making students comfortable, safe, and recognizing their uniqueness seems to be a common theme for MHS over the many years.

Posted December 17, 2013
1) The information reported is incorrect: most of Fremont feeds into Mund. HIgh School not Steveson.2) Less than 100 student out of 2500 are in the ESL program. 3) Mundelein high school as posted their highest ACT score EVER this year. 4) Enrollment in AP courses have doubled in the past 4 years. In addition I have two children at MHS. Both feel safe, accepted and academically challenged. Teachers, staff and administration know who kids are, contact parents when needed and are approachable and caring. I wouldn't send my kids anywhere else. It has been a Godsend having them at MHS.

Mundelein Cons High School 4

Posted October 20, 2013
Mundelein High School is above average in terms of the AP courses they offer and the recent renovations of the bathrooms and natatorium. The only exception would be the football team that has been a little shaky, but we do have a phenomenal swimming team. Connor Black broke seven of our eight pool records and even broke a state record and a national record on the 50 fly! We may not be diverse by ethical standards, but we've got a diverse educational curriculum.

Posted October 07, 2013
Mundelein High School deserves a much better reputation than it has. My stepson attended MHS, which was the third high school he attended. The smaller school brought him out of his shell, along with involved teachers and respective and accepting classmates. The diversity helps the children to be respective of others. As such, bullying is NOT an issue. He ended up an honors student with an A/B average, accepted at a top college, and with a terrific group of friends. Please see the testing averages by group - we have students who do not yet speak English bringing down the overall average. If you look at kids who have English as their first language, they average is 10/10. If you are a parent that believes diversity is important and fears the social pressures (such as bullying), consider Mundelein. As a parent, I am proud of these students who seem to support each other rather than "pick on' those that are different.

1350 West Hawley St, Mundelein, IL  60060
Last modified Mundelein Cons High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.