No rating

Bethany Lutheran School

Private | PK-8 | 258 students

Living in Naperville

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $337,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,250.

Posted April 18, 2014

My son is in his first year at the school and we love it. The staff is friendly and caring. My son has learned so much more than we believe he would have in a typical public school. We have yet to experience any cliquishness in general. I will say that the stay at home moms do seem to take over at times but I believe that would happen in any school. The teachers we have interacted with are wonderful, caring, and dedicated. If everything goes as well as it is now, we will be sending all of the kids here through 8th grade. They say it takes a village to raise a child. I have no doubt that this one will help us raise ours into amazing adults.

Posted February 19, 2014

We love this school! My two sons are enrolled and we plan on keeping them throughout 8th grade.

Posted November 4, 2013

VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE LEADERSHIP AND PASTOR OF THIS SCHOOL. LET SOMEONE ELSE LEAD AND TEACH YOUR CHILDREN. YOU DON'T WANT THEM TO LEARN THE LESSONS TAUGHT HERE. UNLESS OF COURSE YOU SET ASIDE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AND MANY HOURS FOR THE THERAPISTS.

Posted August 9, 2013

The school is good, at least better than average public school. However, if you child needs extra attention/help, I would not recommend this school. Not all teachers are good, what is very frustrating.

Posted May 13, 2013

I am truly thankful that I had the opportunity to help out in so many different ways this year. Thank you to the staff for allowing us to be involved in such a great amount of activities, it is appreciated.

Posted November 22, 2012

Lots of coordinated 5-star postings, encouraged by the principal, but the reality is different. Not as bad as the disgruntled reviews either, but parents should be warned: the school is very cliquy and the church is cultish. There is certainly some good education going on here, and I was also impressed with the dedication of several of the teachers. But the environment is very dysfunctional, and many of their best teachers have left over the years as the congregation has embraced an extreme theological position. This contributes to the cliquishness of the school, I think, as parents who don't want to be marked or labeled as "impure" don't' know whom to trust. Like I said, it is a dysfunctional and unhealthy environment. I would also add that even though this is Christian school, there is not much teaching of Christian morality and ethics. The teaching here is pretty much that because Jesus died for your sins you can do anything that pleases you. So in an odd way they are so conservative about worship and doctrine they wind up incubating rather libertine kids. Those with hardcore LCMS roots may want this, but I think there are many better options out there for most.

Posted October 3, 2012

A wonderful place for a well rounded Christian education. Very talented staff, attentive principal and an awesome church that supports it's school. Lots of opportunities to be involved and truly partner with teachers to educate your child. My children truly love this church and school as do I!

Posted July 31, 2012

this school /church had some great disrupt a while ago where I understand many people left. Like half I think... There is just way too much drama here for the good of the children.

Posted June 17, 2012

Going on our 7th year at Bethany & couldn't ask for a better school to send our kids to. Fantastic faculty & staff! They've developed great friendships and have blossomed in the classroom as well. Bethany offers a wide variety of extra curricular activities as well as family activities throughout the school year. A++++++++

Posted May 5, 2012

I was a student here for three years, and through all of them I was bullied. I had hoped it would get better as the years went on, but it didnt. The faculty thing about it. It got so bad I switched schools, and nobody would be friends with me because I was a new kid and nobody was nice at all. I would definently NOT RECCOMEND THIS SCHOOL!

Posted April 30, 2012

wow - so many coordinated positive reviews all at once. wow. Our family was not happy and do not agree with these positive ratings at all. Our children are worse for the wear after experiencing things at this school. It seems to us that if you are in their little club you are fine but when you see things that are wrong and speak up - this is where the trouble starts. We did not see "individual education" we saw favoritism. Good luck to any decent people who choose to send their babies here for a Christian education. They are better off learning about God from their loved ones and a decent church.

Posted April 28, 2012

As an educator myself I choose this private Christian school for my child very carefully and I have not been disappointed. The staff are highly educated and very caring and dedicated. The principal is accessible and motivated. The school is small and that was important to us..public education with vast classrooms just simply cannot compete with individual education received at this school. The fine arts programs (which were lacking at some of the other similar private schools in the area) are unsurpassed here. All around could not be happier!

Posted April 4, 2012

Christ centered and bible believing, with a committed staff. What more could a parent want?

Posted April 4, 2012

The dedication of the teachers and the administration is remarkable. At Bethany there is true school pride on the part of the students, faculty and families. A Christ centered education at Bethany provides a firm foundation in faith to build their life on. The curriculum is challenging and the music and art programs are very impressive. The environment is very warm, welcoming and nurturing.

Posted April 3, 2012

Our son's experience at Bethany was outstanding!!! The school was welcoming and felt like a fmaily. The high level of academic excellence at the school made his move from Bethany to Naperville Central almost seamless. Their emphasis on the arts, sports, and the strong spiritual foundation all contributed to his well-rounded education at Bethany.

Posted January 10, 2010

Excellent leadership and top notch academics that easily compare to the nearby Naperville schools. Prep for HS is great and teachers are helpful. School to home communication is great compared to most other schools. Highly recommend it- our 2 children are grads.

Posted November 30, 2009

My two children attended and graduated from Bethany and were very prepared for high school. The academics at BLS are great and the staff is very helpful. They develop the whole person and truly prepare them for the challenges of high school.

Posted February 23, 2009

I am so impressed with the caring Christ center environment that Bethany has provided for my children. Even in this economy the investment is worth it!

Posted November 6, 2007

great -dedicated teachers wonderful learning enviroment

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Pamela Mueller
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1550 Modaff Road