Bad
Good

Bullying is tolerated. Many more issues beyond that, but I think new parents would appreciate knowing this. I can't for the life of me figure out whople like this school.

Colene Hoose is a great school. I've had two kids go from K-5 here and my youngest will start in Fall 2012. I have been involved in the classroom, on field trips, and help out for special events. The teachers are caring and teach using different methods for all learning types. Both of my boys are kinesthetic learners (hands-on) and I appreciate the extra effort to incorporate this into the daily curriculum. All the teachers will give extra help to a student who needs it. This school has so much to offer I would not consider sending my kids anywhere else. A special appreciation to 1st grade teacher Joanne Schumacher who took my reluctant learner (that's an understatement) and started him on the path to where he is today as an A/B student enrolling in high school honors classes.

This school now holds an amazing program that fit the bill with my very young son who in the start of Kindergarten last year was put through the ringer the entire year. Now that he's at Colene, he's almost caught back up and is thought of as a person not as an issue on a daily basis. We love Colene Hoose for being such a great school in such a tough district for children with special needs! :) A BIG thank you to Alli Essig for being such an amazing teacher!

Colene Hoose is a fantastic school with a top notch staff. We work extremely hard to make sure all of our students have the very best experience while here. We care not only about curriculum and test scores but about establishing a sense of community, safety, and involvement with students and their families. We encourage parent participation at every level and ask for it throughout the school year.

My daughter has studied at Hoose for 2 yrs and 2 months, and has enjoyed every bit of it. She has been in the Hoose chess club and has participated in several chess tournaments. I have seen and experienced a great community and volunteer sense here, and there is a huge scope for parental involvement. The school has exceeded our expectations and remains our favorite school. We recently relocated, and had to leave the school. We miss this environment very much and will highly recommend this school to anyone.

As a very involved parent I know first-hand how this school is run - like an institution such as a prison, or the army. Children are shouted out, spoken to in a disrespectful manner and are given very little freedom to be children. Teachers do not encourage parent participation and the school essentially creates a barrier between parents and the school. There is no sense of community. The curriculum and teaching takes a back seat to the enforcement of discipline. I have to wonder if the other reviewers actually spent much time at the school during teaching hours to witness what is really going on.

Top notch school. The teachers are exceptional and caring. The administrators are experienced and fair. Great sense of community. The other schools we have had our children in to not compare!

Excellent school! Very involved teachers. Great learning environment!

The coverage of different Language, Math and other subjects is quite extensive, with reasonable homework to strengthen the kid's skills.

Last modified Colene Hoose Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.