Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

My kids are having a great experience at Fairview. I like the communication between parents and teachers.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at Fairview have always thrown their hearts and souls into the kids. When a kid has a solid support system at home combined with working teachers, they have a very good chance for success. For those students who need more support, literacy, math and special education interventions are available. To the extent that teachers all over the state are working in very frustrating times, I think the teachers at Fairview are doing the best they can to prepare their students for the future.

Amount of homework: Agree

I never felt my kids were overburdened with homework. It always seemed to be just enough to help them review the subject matter for that day and be prepared for the next day. Reading was always a part of their homework, and all three of my kids developed love for reading while there.

Our family attended Fairview from 2003 until 2015. You will not find a harder working staff than at Fairview. The diverse student population includes single family home neighborhoods like Collie Ridge and Savannah Green all the way to transient students who move frequently. My children excelled at Fairview and made the transition to jr. high very easily. I also love that it's a smaller school, it has a neighborhood feel. My best advice is to get involved! I still volunteer there even though my kids have moved on. Under the direction of a new principal, Fairview still has the same feeling of believing that every student is capable of success.

I have been a Fairview parent for 6 years. We have a wonderful, hardworking principal & teachers. My kids have made great friends & love their teachers. As a parent, you get out of your childs school how much you put in. Yes, the parental involvement is low. That's the only problem...the lack of parenting. Fairview is a great, little, hard working school.

Parents, this school is a terrible environment for children. There was a teacher who actually told a child to not tell her mother things that happened in school. Just think about that alone for a moment and how that would impact a child in the future. Parents who prefer to shield their kids from more adult matters should be aware that other students are very influential with extremely adult and/or inappropriate subjects. Teaching isn't nearly challenging enough and can even hold students with the potential to skip grades behind. The things they say about this school should not be ignored because most of the time they're unbelievably accurate statements. Perhaps the only good thing about this school is the principal, Dr. Shaw. He is good-natured and relatively fair to students. Overall, I wouldn't send my dog to this madhouse.

We were nervous about sending our daughter here because of bad things that we had heard about it. We are no longer nervous! Our daughter has excelled at Fairview and I find it to be an amazing environment for growth and learning. We moved away from the school for a period of time and made sure that when we came back that she was in Fairview's district.

I am a teacher at Fairview School. Fairview is a wonderful place to be an educator. I appreciate the diversity and enthusiasm of the students and the parents who support our school. The parent who made the negative comment about Fairview in a previous review must have had a poor incident with the principal. He is very support of the teachers and VERY fair and kind to the students. The students love him. He is excellent with the management of discipline at our school and wants to establish very clear expectations with new students to Fairview. Fairview is getting some much needed remodeling, and this will help it keep up technology and safety. I wish the district would be committed to maintaining small class sizes, no matter what grade level. Overall, Fairview is a spirited school with an appreciation for diversity, teaching, learning, and student achievement.

Fairview has it's bad reputation for a reason. Their positive discipline techniques sound good but are not used properly are used in a negative way. The children in my daughter's class are rough and the school falls below the state's average in almost all areas. I thought the Principal was wonderful at first until he started putting Kindergarteners in detention during recess time. I wish we lived in a different district.

Fairview is a wonderful school, despite it's undeserved 'bad reputation'. My daughter has been there since kindergarten and loves it. Mr. Shaw has changed the whole feeling of the school to give it a deeper sense of community. The teachers are great and expect a lot of the children.

Last modified Fairview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.