West Leyden High School 1

Posted September 21, 2013
i don't know how i feel about this school anymore. i attended leyden and graduated back in '87. things have surely changed. my sophomore now attends guerin prep.

Posted September 21, 2012
west leyden as of this year started the chrome book computer which all the kids love there studys are done on this and its very helpfull to them also if they miss an assignment on account of being sick there teachers communicate through this computer of there homework assignments they have to do that way they dont miss there assignments at all the teachers are very great and always there to help out what schools out there have the chromebook computer.

Posted September 14, 2012
I love it here at Leyden. I'm in the honors program and i have to say that the teachers are great, their classes are engaging and they give lots of their time before and after school to helping students. We have great elective choices. There are many choices for extracurricular activities and sports. most of the sports are no cut so everyone can have a chance to play. Sure there are some bad kids, but they aren't there for long and let's face it there are bad kids everywhere.

West Leyden High School 4

Posted May 17, 2011
I was a student at West Leyden back in 2008. I thought West Leyden was a great high school compare to the other 2 i have been to. The teachers, principal, and administrative force were always helpful. Teachers used to stay long hours to help students succeed with thier homeworks, tests, and even provided personal life conflict assistance. Overall, it was a above average school and I greatly recommend students who are reading this message to consider this school as a great opportunity if you want to succeed. P.S - there were some bad students too but you can't run away from them.

Posted May 10, 2011
West Leyden has so many amazing opportunities for students! It is a safe place where students can count on support from wonderful teachers and staff members. Our students are extremely polite, kind, and hard working. Our teachers are dedicated, talented, and selfless. I wish every high school student had access to a wonderful school like West Leyden.

Posted May 09, 2011
West Leyden High School is an incredible school! We have students who really care and are well behaved. Parents care about their children and are very supportive of the school. Teachers are second to none. They are well prepared and care about their students. The school has a great environment and looks for the success of all.

West Leyden High School 1

Posted June 11, 2010
I was a student at West Leyden and I have to say it was pretty bad there. The school always had tons of gangs also fights that happened almost everyday. I didn't feel safe there whatsoever. The teachers are terrible to be honest. One teacher I had never payed any attention to the class. She stayed in the back watching DVDs on her laptop. Another teacher was homophobic. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 31, 2010

West Leyden High School 2

Posted October 16, 2009
In my own opinion Leyden is a good school but they need to work on some things. I believe that leyden has banned to many things at this school. I also believe that they should help there student more often and more then they already do!

West Leyden High School 0

Posted January 19, 2009
As a parent, I must say that all three of my children were given ample information regarding college, and have been encouraged to consider college from day one! As in all aspects of life, opportunities are there but one must seek for them. One cannot expect things to be handed to them.

West Leyden High School
1000 North Wolf Road, Northlake, IL  60164
Last modified West Leyden High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Leyden High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top