PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Alcuin educates children beautifully. I did not know much about Montessori before sending my children to Alcuin, but I did want my children to love learning. After attending an informational coffee at the school, I was sold on Alcuin's balance providing a strong educational foundation, social graces and a love of learning. The principal and teachers are excellent: Montessori trained and certified atop of bachelors and masters degrees. My two children attended the Primary program beginning age 3. My son stayed through kindergarten and we really appreciated the benefit of completing the cycle.

My son is in his last year of the Primary program at Alcuin Montessori. He loves it and is thriving. The school is a true Montessori community that fosters the independence, confidence and initiative that you would hope to see for your child. Their curriculum (which you can see in it's entirety on their website) is robust and your child will have every opportunity to learn at their own pace/level (a benefit of a multi-age classroom, in my opinion). Alcuin also offers a variety of enrichment programs as well, from music to theatre... truly making a well-rounded Montessori education available to any child.

Alcuin Montessori is a top notch school. Two of our children are in the Junior Elementary (1st - 3rd grade) program and our third is in her second year of the Primary program (pre-school). We could not be happier with our decision to keep our children at Alcuin. The teachers are top notch. The Montessori philosophy has each child with the same teacher for 3 years. As a result, they really get to know your children and their interests, strengths and weaknesses. They provide a nurturing and caring environment, without losing the academic rigor. Our children love to learn and are always wanting to "research" new topics they find interesting. I love that every work they have in the classroom, even at the Primary age, has a purpose. Another wonderful aspect of Alcuin is their enrichment programs. They are exposed to Spanish, Art and Music in the Primary level. As they move to Junior Elementary, they students go to swimming, gym, theater and art once a week. The assistant teacher in the Junior Elementary program is fluent in Spanish, so they children are learning Spanish everyday.

Our two boys have attended Alcuin for 3 years and we have been very happy with all aspects of the school. Although we were initially on the fence as to whether or not Montessori and Alcuin were the right choice for our children, we have been very pleased with our decision, as have our children. The staff are top notch, the learning environment is warm and caring, and the extended Alcuin community is strong. Following the Montessori philosophy, the learning methods are somewhat self-directed, but the teachers are always cognizant of the works with which my children are working, potential areas for development, and finding ways to encourage them to continue to develop those skills. Our children enjoy the Alcuin community, they enjoy their teachers, and they enjoy being respected as independent, capable individuals within their classrooms. I am happy to see the confidence they are building in themselves and how they are already applying this confidence and independence in other areas of their lives. I look forward to many more years as part of the Alcuin community.

What's not to love about Alcuin? Caring teachers and staff, an amazing in-depth curriculum that prepares students for life (as opposed to just equipping them with book smarts), and a fabulous parent community to boot. Check it out!

I've looked at just about every Montessori school in the area, and Alcuin is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of providing a nurturing environment for the children and a commitment to the Montessori philosophy. We have one child currently in the preschool and one in elementary. All of their friends who go to Mann and elsewhere always seem so negative about having to go to school, but our kids just love going to Alcuin - no negativity there! Our children are so loved by all of the teachers and staff. They are all so warm and caring! Alcuin recruits and retains the very best, and the leadership has such a strong commitment to professional development for their staff. I'm in no hurry for my kids to grow up, but when they do, I know that Alcuin's Middle School will be the best place for them to navigate the complexities of those teenage years. It's such a safe, caring, family-like environment, especially compared to the other middle schools in the area. You can spend countless hours researching schools in the area just like we did, but once you set foot inside of Alcuin's door and do an observation of the classrooms, you'll know you've found something truly special.

I can't say enough about Mrs. Quigley and what she has taught our son. Her kindness and steady guidance allowed our son to flourish in a time most needed.

This bad review is for Pat Ellis who is the Business Manager, with whom parents will work for contract and money. Our daughter was in Alcuin 2011-2012. Our family had to leave U.S. before the school year ends for some reason and sent notice to all the involved PIC in Alcuin, telling them our departure date. We had a refund check from the school, but Pat mailed it out 10 DAYS after it was issued and that was 3 days after we left the country. We had no chance to receive or deposit the check and it expired after 120 days. This summer, we moved back from overseas. We sent email to Alcuin requesting a renewed check of refund, but nobody replied after 10 days until I had to put the principle in the mail exchange. It did work. I got an immediate reply from PAT saying she would issue a new check to us. In my mail I advised our address change and requested the check payable to me, not my husband, because he was on business trip and will not be back in 2 months. While, PAT still issued it payable both of our names and sent it to our previous address. Apparently, PAT has no interest reading the email from their customer and did not to give me any convenience in depositing the check.

Our daughter attended from parent-infant through the toddler community. Wonderful experience. The teachers are outstanding! Truly Outstanding! The administration is attentive, approachable and responsive. Our bright daughter was well supported and during her time there, increased her confidence and self-reliance. The emphasis on community, peace and compassion are essential skills to encourage and develop in our youngest learners, this is a routine part of the curriculum. Alciun exceeded our expectations!

My daughter went to this school for 3 years, and I could not have wished for a better start to her education. The teachers are awesome, every thing and every one excelled in all fronts. Great job guys... and happy thanksgiving.

Last modified Alcuin Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8