Posted March 03, 2015
Alcuin Montessori is a top notch school. Two of our children are in the Junior Elementary (1st - 3rd grade) program and our third is in her second year of the Primary program (pre-school). We could not be happier with our decision to keep our children at Alcuin. The teachers are top notch. The Montessori philosophy has each child with the same teacher for 3 years. As a result, they really get to know your children and their interests, strengths and weaknesses. They provide a nurturing and caring environment, without losing the academic rigor. Our children love to learn and are always wanting to "research" new topics they find interesting. I love that every work they have in the classroom, even at the Primary age, has a purpose. Another wonderful aspect of Alcuin is their enrichment programs. They are exposed to Spanish, Art and Music in the Primary level. As they move to Junior Elementary, they students go to swimming, gym, theater and art once a week. The assistant teacher in the Junior Elementary program is fluent in Spanish, so they children are learning Spanish everyday.

Posted February 26, 2015
Our two boys have attended Alcuin for 3 years and we have been very happy with all aspects of the school. Although we were initially on the fence as to whether or not Montessori and Alcuin were the right choice for our children, we have been very pleased with our decision, as have our children. The staff are top notch, the learning environment is warm and caring, and the extended Alcuin community is strong. Following the Montessori philosophy, the learning methods are somewhat self-directed, but the teachers are always cognizant of the works with which my children are working, potential areas for development, and finding ways to encourage them to continue to develop those skills. Our children enjoy the Alcuin community, they enjoy their teachers, and they enjoy being respected as independent, capable individuals within their classrooms. I am happy to see the confidence they are building in themselves and how they are already applying this confidence and independence in other areas of their lives. I look forward to many more years as part of the Alcuin community.

Posted February 18, 2015
What's not to love about Alcuin? Caring teachers and staff, an amazing in-depth curriculum that prepares students for life (as opposed to just equipping them with book smarts), and a fabulous parent community to boot. Check it out!

Posted October 23, 2014
I've looked at just about every Montessori school in the area, and Alcuin is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of providing a nurturing environment for the children and a commitment to the Montessori philosophy. We have one child currently in the preschool and one in elementary. All of their friends who go to Mann and elsewhere always seem so negative about having to go to school, but our kids just love going to Alcuin - no negativity there! Our children are so loved by all of the teachers and staff. They are all so warm and caring! Alcuin recruits and retains the very best, and the leadership has such a strong commitment to professional development for their staff. I'm in no hurry for my kids to grow up, but when they do, I know that Alcuin's Middle School will be the best place for them to navigate the complexities of those teenage years. It's such a safe, caring, family-like environment, especially compared to the other middle schools in the area. You can spend countless hours researching schools in the area just like we did, but once you set foot inside of Alcuin's door and do an observation of the classrooms, you'll know you've found something truly special.

Posted July 25, 2014
I can't say enough about Mrs. Quigley and what she has taught our son. Her kindness and steady guidance allowed our son to flourish in a time most needed.

Alcuin Montessori School 1

Posted October 03, 2013
This bad review is for Pat Ellis who is the Business Manager, with whom parents will work for contract and money. Our daughter was in Alcuin 2011-2012. Our family had to leave U.S. before the school year ends for some reason and sent notice to all the involved PIC in Alcuin, telling them our departure date. We had a refund check from the school, but Pat mailed it out 10 DAYS after it was issued and that was 3 days after we left the country. We had no chance to receive or deposit the check and it expired after 120 days. This summer, we moved back from overseas. We sent email to Alcuin requesting a renewed check of refund, but nobody replied after 10 days until I had to put the principle in the mail exchange. It did work. I got an immediate reply from PAT saying she would issue a new check to us. In my mail I advised our address change and requested the check payable to me, not my husband, because he was on business trip and will not be back in 2 months. While, PAT still issued it payable both of our names and sent it to our previous address. Apparently, PAT has no interest reading the email from their customer and did not to give me any convenience in depositing the check.

Posted September 12, 2013
Our daughter attended from parent-infant through the toddler community. Wonderful experience. The teachers are outstanding! Truly Outstanding! The administration is attentive, approachable and responsive. Our bright daughter was well supported and during her time there, increased her confidence and self-reliance. The emphasis on community, peace and compassion are essential skills to encourage and develop in our youngest learners, this is a routine part of the curriculum. Alciun exceeded our expectations!

Posted November 24, 2011
My daughter went to this school for 3 years, and I could not have wished for a better start to her education. The teachers are awesome, every thing and every one excelled in all fronts. Great job guys... and happy thanksgiving.

Posted April 15, 2011
Love, love, love. There is nothing more I can say about the school. The Executive Director is always available to parents, the admissions/marketing person is very communicative and easy to talk to. Plus the teachers are AMAZING! I can't say enough good things about this place. Our son has never been happier.

Posted January 18, 2011
My son is currently in Alcuin's extended day program (kindergarten) I can't imagine not having him here all the way through 8th grade. At Alcuin, he is respected as a human being, and appreciated as a child. The school realizes that everyone learns at their own pace. The new Executive Director is full of inspiring ideas, has an open door policy and embraces parent ideas and suggestions. The Admissions Director is well informed, polite, funny (humor counts for alot in my book) and keeps the parents in the loop with up to date information. We love our son's teacher for her patience and knowledge. Like I said, we can't imagine not having our son here till her graduates 8th grade.

Alcuin Montessori School
324 N Oak Park Ave, Oak Park, IL  60302
Last modified Alcuin Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Alcuin Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top