Palatine, IL

Posted September 09, 2014
The school is getter better and better every year. The leadership by the principal and the vision of becoming a school of excellence is shows!

Posted May 16, 2014
My son attended the school in 3rd and 4th grade and he loved it. There are some things that are not perfect but overall the school is very welcoming and has strong academics. I would recommend it.

St Theresa School 1

Posted February 10, 2014
I wouldn't ever send my children here. I was a student here throughout the entirety of my childhood (Pre-school through 8th grade). The staff, and especially the administrative staff, have a strong tendency to degrade students. I can recall as a student being made to think I was some sort of nutcase for unfolding a paperclip. I remember quite vividly Mrs. Abersold telling me I would be responsible if another student took it from me to stab someone. How someone with such disregard for logic and common sense could be given the position of school principal is beyond me.

Posted August 12, 2012
St. Theresa is a great school. My family and some neighbors attended and then went to public high school. Most students coming out of St. T's were one or two grade levels above the average public D15 students in math and life skills. Not sure why teachers who are paid a third of public school teachers can consistently turn out great results, but they do year in and year out. Good people and a great education. Highly recommended.

Posted February 08, 2012
I am a parent of three boys. When the last one graduates, we will have been associated with STS for 19 years. We have seen principals and teachers come and go along with parish leadership. However, one thing remains steadfast -- the nurturing, Christian environment provided by the teachers every day. I am pleased that the kids can learn about God and their faith in a setting that supplements the moral values we are teaching at home. Our kids have received an education equal to or better than any other local public or private school. Our two gradutaes were very well prepared for the challenges of high school, both academically and socially. I was grateful that they were with kids they had known all their life during their junior high years, as these can be tough ones for many kids. I know that enrollment has dropped in the last few years, often due to the financial toll it takes on families. But I believe that St. Theresa is on an upswing -- with strong leadership, outstanding teachers and committed parent involvement. If you are interested in Catholic education, stop by and check out our school. I don't think you will be disappointed...I certainly have not!

Posted February 02, 2012
My fourth child will be graduating next year from St. Theresa. We have been actively involved with the school for the last 15 years and have enjoyed every minute of it. When we move on, we are truly going to miss the teachers and families that we see so often. I believe that STS has helped to guide my children with discipline and good Christian values. I am certain that a quality education could have been obtained at the public school, but our children have learned more that just reading, writing and math. Being kind to your neighbor and living a truly Christian life is just as important to us as the school work.

Posted January 25, 2012
Our kids have been at St. Theresa School for almost 12 years now and it has been an excellent experience for all of us. Our oldest was very well prepared for the college preparatory high school environment. The teachers have been just great. In addition, the moral values infused in every aspect of the day, the sense of community and the involved parents make St. Theresa School a special place. We were very happy to make this investment in our kids.

Posted November 15, 2011
I am the parent of 3 children in Palatine. I have had experience with both the public schools and St. Theresa. Although Districts 15 and 211 have reputations as excellent schools, it is my belief that they have rested on their laurels and are beginning to fail. I can unequivocally say that St. Theresa surpasses the public grade schools in Palatine not only in the education the children receive, but also in the moral character that is being built into them. My eldest was very well prepared upon entering high school. The parents are very involved. Any issues with bullying (which are few and far between) are dealt with swiftly and fairly. The teachers and administration are committed to all the children from preschool through 8th grade. The school is in the process of updating the curriculum and have invested in new textbooks in mathematics and religion. Do the teachers and administration have certain expectations? Absolutely! That may not be for everyone, but for me and mine it is. I can honestly say I trust St. Theresa with my children and their education, and would highly recommend it.

St Theresa School 1

Posted August 19, 2011
First, let me state that being a Blue Ribbon Schools is like being Employee of the Month. Eventually everyone gets it. We finally decided to pull our child out of this school for many reason. Enrollment has dropped dramatically over the years for many reason. The school has issues with bullying. But what is really sickening is that the bulllying is not only from the kids, but from parents as well. Most families do not attend church and many of the kids at this school know nothing of Christian values. The Parish doesn't even get involved with the school unless they know they are getting donations. The math and science program at this schools is second rate. With everything District 15 has to offer and it's reputation I think St. Theresa is not a viable choice. I would stick with the public schools. But, if you want the faith based education, I would suggest Holy Family or St. Thomas. These are much more down to earth parish/schools. If you want your child to be judged for not having the most expensive material things (not only by other kids, but by their parents as well), if you wantto be a topic of gossip this might be the school for you. BTW, the enrollment is now below 350.

Posted September 27, 2009
My children have been attending St. Theresa School since pre-school and each year I see them growing & maturing intellectually as well as spiritually. The school environment fosters creativity and independence while teaching the basics & that translates into FUN for the kids. The school is a nationally recognized Blue Ribbon School and is dedicated to instilling faith & values in our children.

St Theresa School