Palatine, IL

Quest Academy 2

Posted November 30, 2014
I went to this school for nine years. In the beginning I liked the school and my parents were satisfied with the education I was receiving, However, once I reached the 5th grade I realized that Quest was behind drastically in resources compared to the public school. The school did not integrate modern technology until last year, before that point using all paper while the public schools had access to better resources. The students here are nasty and mean. I was harassed for all of my middle school years and the teachers visually saw it happen, but did nothing. I reported it to the administration but let the bullies off with a slap on the wrist. The school's social aspect is very underwhelming with little to no after school activities at all. I like the athletic department, but the school requires everyone to play and this brings the teams down. The curriculum is very disorganized and the staff is very anti-religious (If your family is a devout Christian family, don't let the school know). Overall, I would send my child here up until Middle School, which then I would pull them and send them to either a religious school or a public school.

Posted April 23, 2012
We are so happy with the quality of the teachers, special programs (art, music and science), and education in general. The committment of the facutly and parents is unparalled. My son has been there for 2 years. Prior to this, he struggled in class and had difficulty completing assignment for things he already knew. Now, not only is he challenged in school work but he is excited to learn!

Posted October 15, 2011
We love Quest! We moved from the city where our oldest son was going to a private school. He was in the 3rd and we had another entering kinder. We wanted to avoid paying for their education. I researched school districts to find the best. My oldest son enjoyed making new friends and was happy with the move. Unfortunately over time he was becoming upset with the lack of challenge he was receiving. He started crying a lot at school and became very bored and unengaged. I spoke with the teacher, principal, the "gifted" teacher, etc. trying to get him the challenge he wanted. At the end of the day it came down to the fact that public schools are more focused on the children who are behind as opposed to the children who are exceeding. The gifted program only taught math and reading at a grade level above, no extra out of the box type of excitement. We searched and found Quest and we ALL couldn't be happier! The school is wonderful at looking at each child's needs individually and tailoring the learning appropriately. I can't say enough about the passion that each and every individual has for the children's needs and learning styles at Quest!

Posted February 09, 2011
I love Quest. I've been going here for 11 years, ever since I was three. It's like a second home to me. The academics are challenging. The classes and teaching style are innovative, different, and fun! The teachers love what they are doing, and will not hesitate to help you if you are struggling. I am about to graduate and I feel like I am losing a part of me. It is hard to find a school like Quest Academy.

Posted June 13, 2010
I am a student at quest and it means so much to me and it's like another home. It is...different than most schools i must say but still amazing! I don't know any other school that has debates for fun at lunch, skips down the halls singing and harmonizing, and talks about grammar and math outside of class. I am so blessed to be going to a school as wonderful as Quest!

Posted April 29, 2010
Quest understands not just the educational, but the emotional needs of gifted children.

Posted November 24, 2009
My child is currently in the Pre-K program at Quest. In my opinion, you could not find a better program in the area for a gifted 4 - 5 year old. The teachers are extremely nurturing, creative and full of energy. These kids are highly capable and interested in so much and Quest allows them to explore, question and learn in a non-competitive, playful and age-appropriate environment. Also, the teachers understand each child's strengths and weaknesses and teach to them accordingly. They foster a love of learning and an understanding that persistence and the journey of learning are fun - not necessarily arriving at the 'right answer'. The building of positive leadership skills and a healthy self-esteem are incorporated daily. My child is engaged every day and enthusiastically goes to school every morning. Other schools, gifted or not, could learn so much from the way these kids are taught.

Posted November 05, 2009
The academic rigor balanced with a nurturing environment and attention to the needs of individual students.

Posted November 04, 2009
Quest Academy has the most caring teachers who are dedicated to discovering each childs individual talent. Once they recognize something special they are quick to adjust the learning disipline and include the parents involvement!

Quest Academy 3