Lakewood Falls Elementary School 5

Posted April 20, 2009
I have been a substitute for many Plainfield schools and this one is far and away my favorite .. great kids and cooperative staff. I have heard that the classes are overcrowded, but I have never seen evidence of that. I think that the addition of many new schools in the area lately may have alleviated this burden.

Posted July 21, 2007
New principal, great changes. New spelling & math program in 2007. My kids have thrived, including a child that needed a lot of reading support. Excellent social work and resource staff. Definitely OVERCROWDED. Avg. aruond 31 kids per class in my experience.

Lakewood Falls Elementary School 5

Posted April 26, 2006

Posted February 10, 2006

Lakewood Falls Elementary School 3

Posted January 23, 2006
The main concern I have for this school is the way that they are now teaching reading. I disagree with the 'memory method' and believe that if this is to be used children should still be taught phoenetically with this as an aid.

Lakewood Falls Elementary School 2

Posted December 21, 2005

Posted October 18, 2005
My daughter is in kindergarten this year and so far she really likes it. Her teacher is very nice and she really seems to be doing well. I know that there are about 25 kids in her class and that there are 6 kindergarten classes.

Lakewood Falls Elementary School 3

Posted February 23, 2005
LWF has a lot to offer. Parents and students can get as involved as they want. The PTA offers a variety of activities for families: skating parties, movie night, Bingo night. To say teachers don't care about your student is wrong. The teachers care about every student. Yes class sizes are large but LWF has no control over that, it's the same across the district. For your child to be successful parents need to be involved. Attend a PTA meeting and find out how you can help your child. I did and it was wonderful. Parents can't blame the school for all their child's problems. By the way, if everyone solved problems all the same way what a boring place we would live in, besides do you solve problems the same as your spouse or neighbors. Everyday math teaches muliple ways to problem solve.

Lakewood Falls Elementary School 1

Posted January 25, 2005
My son is a second grade student and I am very unhappy with what this school has offered my son! The math program is horrible and the reading is just as bad. My son is a child who has needed extra help and has got very little from this school and now I am having to get him a tutor and pay for it because this school has failed him in my eyes. There is little or no communication between parent and teacher. If i hadn't called his teacher I would have not known about some problems my son is having because the report cards don't reflect the truth! We moved here because we were told that the schools were great, to find out they are far from it. Anyone that has a child ready to go to this school beware!

Lakewood Falls Elementary School 2

Posted December 30, 2004
I agree w/the Aug 2003 review. Lakewood Falls offers very little to our students. The lack of spelling is terrible. And every day they bring home a different math technique - instead of just learning how to add and subtract. In general, the Plainfield School District is horrible. They are constantly moving students around. Our established subdivision (of 7 years) is now being rezoned. The kids will have to go 8 miles away for middle school. My son is in 2nd grade and hasn't learned anything I haven't taught him at home. If you move within the Plainfield School District - have money for private schools.

Lakewood Falls Elementary School
South Budler Road, Plainfield, IL  60544
Last modified Lakewood Falls Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakewood Falls Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top