PK-2|Private

Bad
Good

I cannot earn enough people about this place. AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS! While the teachers all have the best intentions and really care for the children, the management does not. It's all about the money and they treat their staff just as poorly as the children. The "curriculum" even for INFANTS has unrealistic expectations for children so young. The teachers are not given much freedom in lesson planning or planning activities. The food is the usual government subsidizes soy loaded, GMO loaded canned foods and sugary juices full of artificial ingredients. And if you want to send your child's own lunch? Ha! Good luck with that! Everything is run military style with little to no freedom for kids to be kids. So, if you want to raise little "patriots" that do as their told without question and run as robots all day, this is the place to go. But, if you want your kids to be freethinking kids that can express their creativity, go elsewhere.

As a parent of three children who have all been "raised" by Alice McNulty and the entire Sears family throughout the academy system, I was shocked to read the most recent posts about Elite Academy. While I can't begin to imagine what caused this parent to become to so enraged, so unhappy...I have to share the age-old-adage of "you just can't please everyone" as a way of explaining his/her feedback. Elite Academy is simply beautiful. The grounds are warm and inviting...the staff competent and caring. While I never personally tasted the food, my three children absolutely loved going there and never once complained about anything. They learned about the importance of respecting one another, demonstrating good manners, treating others with kindness and so many other of life's great lessons. It is said that it takes a community to raise a child...I could not have asked for a more loving "community" in which to raise my beautiful children. Thank you, Mrs. McNulty. You will always be a person our family treasures.

I feel so blessed to have found the perfect place for my children while I am at work. They say there is no place like home, but it doesn't get any better than Elite Children's Academy. The teachers and the rest of the staff are so kind and caring. My children are learning so many new things everyday. They come home with their beautiful works of art and new songs that they love to sing. They are so excited to tell me about the new friends they have met and the fun that they have in school each day. The school has special days with pony rides, apple picking and special visits from the fire department. Elite Children's Academy is everything you could ever want or need in a school and more. I want to say thank you to all of the staff at Elite Children's Academy for taking such wonderful care of my children and giving me the peace of mind while I am at work knowing they are safe and happy while learning at school. - A truly blessed and grateful mom :)

I have heard so many great things about this school. I plan to enroll my daughters for the summer camp. It is fabulous and I encourage all parents to check it out! Rates are great as well.

My child has been going to Elite since she/he was 8 wks old. For the most part the teachers and staff there are great. My child is learning and developing well there. My child loves it there. If he/she didn't we would of looked for other child care some time ago. Like another viewer stated, Mrs. McNulty is never there and Mrs. G tells you what you want to hear. My biggest complaint is communication. I feel as a parent I have a right to know what my child's schedule is and what he/she is doing. I am trying to get him/her ready for school. I can't confirm if he/she has transpertation to her/his school and Mrs. McNulty is convientently not back till the day before school. Who leaves on vacation the 2 weeks before school starts and doesn't come back till the day before? She has no consideration for partents and their schedules. We entrust our children in her school's care. We deserve respect or at least communication. It is very frustrating.

Excellent staff. My grandson loves this place. there is a huge backyard. We had him in another school and was not happy. He seems to enjoys this place so much and now is learning so much stuff every day.

My son has attended Mary Sears in Manteno since he was three years old. He is now five, and not once have I ever had a complaint about this school. The staff is so professional and everyone is so nice! I decided on Mary Sears after a few friends told me they had their kids there and were very pleased with them. I had checked out a lot of other schools for my son but nothing compared to Mary Sears. They do so many fun things with the kids and my son loves the summer camp! From swimming, to pony rides, going apple picking, musicals, and much more, I would recommend this school to every parent. Thank you Mary Sears for everything you have done over the years for us! I love you guys!

As life-longer learners ourselves, we were initially drawn to Mary Sears reputation of maintaining a strong, comprehensive curriculum. We quickly came to recognize that the school had much more to offer: A focus on being and thinking positive, respecting each other, and learning responsibility. Each day, we were greeted with a smile from the school directors, Mrs. Keuter or Mr. Patrick, and our children would run into their classrooms to begin the day. The kindergarten program exceeded my expectations from the curriculum to the in-class projects, parties, and numerous field trips. The preschool program was equally impressive, and included audio, visual, and tactile learning elements for early language, math, and science. All of the teachers have been patient, polite, warm-hearted, and extremely accessible. Both of our children have grown intellectually and socially as students at the Manteno MSCA, and we are proud to be a part of the Mary Sears family.

My name is Catherine; my two children have been attending Mary Sears since they were infants. My son is now a kindergarten graduate and can read, write, and is also bilingual. He can speak Spanish and is very advanced in math also. He knows what the word respect means and has great manners due to the combined efforts of the staff at Mary Sears and myself. He is well rounded, advanced, and a respectful little boy! As for my daughter, she is 4 years old and is also very advanced for her age. She speaks Spanish, shows respect, and has good manners due to the efforts of the staff at Mary Sears and myself. The possibilities are endless. I am confident that I made the best decision sending them to Mary Sears for their early education. The school is filled with positive staff member and also very helpful. If I had to do this all over again, I would sign them up to attend Mary Sears all over again.

Mary Sears has been a very positive experience for my 3 year old. Being an only child he has learned to cultivate and nourish friendships, but, most importantly, he consistently shows improvement in early childhood development such as mental and physical capabilities. There are other daycare facilities in the area, however, I strongly believe the addition of the classroom setting is the difference that Mary Sears brings to the table. ----Mrs. Jordan

Last modified Elite Childrens Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-2