Posted September 12, 2014
As a parent of three children who have all been "raised" by Alice McNulty and the entire Sears family throughout the academy system, I was shocked to read the most recent posts about Elite Academy. While I can't begin to imagine what caused this parent to become to so enraged, so unhappy...I have to share the age-old-adage of "you just can't please everyone" as a way of explaining his/her feedback. Elite Academy is simply beautiful. The grounds are warm and inviting...the staff competent and caring. While I never personally tasted the food, my three children absolutely loved going there and never once complained about anything. They learned about the importance of respecting one another, demonstrating good manners, treating others with kindness and so many other of life's great lessons. It is said that it takes a community to raise a child...I could not have asked for a more loving "community" in which to raise my beautiful children. Thank you, Mrs. McNulty. You will always be a person our family treasures.

Posted July 03, 2014
Their recruiting practices are horrible. This man (I'm assuming he's the owners husband) in a blue van, drives around harassing people. I've told him time and time again to leave me alone I'm not interested in their school. He's walked up to my window on three different occasions. This 4th time he tried to follow me into my gated community but the guard wouldn't let him through. They later told me that this guy named Vince (in a blue van) wanted to give me more information about the school. I never requested any information about this place! He's creepy and needs to stop.

Posted June 01, 2014
Do not send your child here. The food is disgusting, the children do the same boring thing everyday, not to mention the owner is never around. When she does show up she is not helpful. They do not provide hot child with a stable caring environment. Their ratios are off count and they have too many children and not enought staff. Some of the staff members are know to yell at children, force them to sing and dance and go outside in 90 degree weather with no water activities. The owner is mean and cruel. Do not send your children there I can not stress this enough.

Posted June 01, 2014
If I could give no stars I would!! This is THE WORST "school" (if you could call it that) to ever bring a child too. If you want your child to be neglected, slammed down on the ground, fed poorly, and to NOT learn the proper materials for their age, then this is the school for you! The owner is cold hearted, and only in this for the money, her "teachers" are people with backgrounds in retail NOT teaching!! If you have a problem and need to contact the owner, GOOD LUCK! The wicked witch is always in a meeting, hmmm, if I owner a day care under CPS's close watch due to ALLL these complaints I'd be in "meetings" all the time too. Although I know she isn't!! It's hard to believe such a terrible torcher chamber still is up and running!! I do have faith this operation will be shut down in the near future! DONT SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE!!!! Run for the hills!

Posted May 06, 2014
I feel so blessed to have found the perfect place for my children while I am at work. They say there is no place like home, but it doesn't get any better than Elite Children's Academy. The teachers and the rest of the staff are so kind and caring. My children are learning so many new things everyday. They come home with their beautiful works of art and new songs that they love to sing. They are so excited to tell me about the new friends they have met and the fun that they have in school each day. The school has special days with pony rides, apple picking and special visits from the fire department. Elite Children's Academy is everything you could ever want or need in a school and more. I want to say thank you to all of the staff at Elite Children's Academy for taking such wonderful care of my children and giving me the peace of mind while I am at work knowing they are safe and happy while learning at school. - A truly blessed and grateful mom :)

Posted April 10, 2014
I have heard so many great things about this school. I plan to enroll my daughters for the summer camp. It is fabulous and I encourage all parents to check it out! Rates are great as well.

Elite Childrens Academy 3

Posted August 12, 2013
My child has been going to Elite since she/he was 8 wks old. For the most part the teachers and staff there are great. My child is learning and developing well there. My child loves it there. If he/she didn't we would of looked for other child care some time ago. Like another viewer stated, Mrs. McNulty is never there and Mrs. G tells you what you want to hear. My biggest complaint is communication. I feel as a parent I have a right to know what my child's schedule is and what he/she is doing. I am trying to get him/her ready for school. I can't confirm if he/she has transpertation to her/his school and Mrs. McNulty is convientently not back till the day before school. Who leaves on vacation the 2 weeks before school starts and doesn't come back till the day before? She has no consideration for partents and their schedules. We entrust our children in her school's care. We deserve respect or at least communication. It is very frustrating.

Posted July 19, 2013
Excellent staff. My grandson loves this place. there is a huge backyard. We had him in another school and was not happy. He seems to enjoys this place so much and now is learning so much stuff every day.

Posted July 24, 2012
My son has attended Mary Sears in Manteno since he was three years old. He is now five, and not once have I ever had a complaint about this school. The staff is so professional and everyone is so nice! I decided on Mary Sears after a few friends told me they had their kids there and were very pleased with them. I had checked out a lot of other schools for my son but nothing compared to Mary Sears. They do so many fun things with the kids and my son loves the summer camp! From swimming, to pony rides, going apple picking, musicals, and much more, I would recommend this school to every parent. Thank you Mary Sears for everything you have done over the years for us! I love you guys!

Posted July 23, 2012
As life-longer learners ourselves, we were initially drawn to Mary Sears reputation of maintaining a strong, comprehensive curriculum. We quickly came to recognize that the school had much more to offer: A focus on being and thinking positive, respecting each other, and learning responsibility. Each day, we were greeted with a smile from the school directors, Mrs. Keuter or Mr. Patrick, and our children would run into their classrooms to begin the day. The kindergarten program exceeded my expectations from the curriculum to the in-class projects, parties, and numerous field trips. The preschool program was equally impressive, and included audio, visual, and tactile learning elements for early language, math, and science. All of the teachers have been patient, polite, warm-hearted, and extremely accessible. Both of our children have grown intellectually and socially as students at the Manteno MSCA, and we are proud to be a part of the Mary Sears family.

Elite Childrens Academy
23253 West Renwick Road, Plainfield, IL  60544
Last modified Elite Childrens Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-2
Elite Childrens Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top