Prospect Heights, IL

Posted October 25, 2013
Have had 4 children through Mac and think District 23 as a whole (of which Mac is a part) it is one of the best around. Most other Districts effected by the economic downturn have consolidated, eliminated, shortened and watched as their District slips further into debt. This District is a diamond in the rough. It exercised financial responsibility BEFORE the crisis and took steps to maintain during the past 5 years. At this point the District is in a healthy SURPLUS (reserve) of funds, which in turn has seen the school improve conditions. Mac now enjoys full air conditioning, all programs remain strong and staffing is excellent. It seems that people are eager to complain, but seldom take time to appreciate success. Mac in a nutshell: Great leadership in Mr. Lee and Mr. Lupo with great conditions for the kids to grow.

Posted August 22, 2013
Mac Arthur Middle School is a great school. It starts at the top with Mr. Lee, the pricipal, he leads by example and the entire staff follows. Beginning with the office personnel to the teachers and volunteer help. All five of our children gave gone there and the last one is attending 7th grade. We are extremely pleased with the academics and leadership skill instill in the students by all the staff. Go Mac!

Posted September 09, 2011
I just graduated last year from Mac and I think its great. The band program is exellent and the teachers are too.

Posted April 14, 2011
MacArthur is ranked by Chicago Magazine 2010 as one of the top ranked Middle Schools in IL. It shows with our test scores, extra curricular activities, and excellent teachers. It is a school to be proud of!

Macarthur Middle School 4

Posted October 10, 2009
I had a good experience when I was at Mac, but I noticed that many of the teachers I had either retired, quit, or left the school for various reasons after I was there. Now, Mac is worse than it used to be.

Macarthur Middle School 0

Posted January 01, 2008
I currently have an 8thh grader at Mac. My husband and I have been very pleased w/ the teachers, the curriculum and all the extra activities available. They have so many wonderful electives if they don't do band or orchestra. Woodshop. tech clubs, art clubs, ipod video making. its' awesome. We highly recommend this school and district.

Macarthur Middle School 4

Posted September 19, 2006
The one problem I have with MacArthur is the fact that there are not enough textbooks for each child. My son brings home a lot of homework and when he struggles with something (usually math) there isn't a textbook to refer to that will help him. Math is not the only class where this applies. It causes much anxiety on us the parents not to mention our son. I was told that textbooks can be used in the classrooms, but there are not enough for each student to bring one home. It always seems to come down to money-but yet there are 4 gym teachers?!

Posted January 18, 2006

Macarthur Middle School
700 North Schoenbeck Road, Prospect Heights, IL  60070
Last modified Macarthur Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Macarthur Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top