Rockford, IL

Lewis Lemon Elementary School 1

Posted June 16, 2014
stay away, stay away. this school represents all that is horrible with RPS schools. the teachers care more about their vacations than the kids

Lewis Lemon Elementary School 4

Posted December 06, 2012
I had the opportunity to attend Lewis Lemon's Open House for the school year 2012-2013. I was impressed with the information and how it was presented by Principal Payne and her staff. It was evident in the presentations that the staff at Lewis Lemon is working hard to ensure that parents are well informed of the RPS205 rules and consequences. At the same time Principal Payne and her staff also presented the benefits and rewards of studentens adhering to the rules of RPS205. Principal Payne and her staff work hard to impress upon the families the importance of safety and respect in a learning environment. It is my opinion that Lewis Lemon students are challenged to do their best and to work hard at doing even better than expected as students of excellence.

Lewis Lemon Elementary School 1

Posted March 11, 2008

Lewis Lemon Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2006
I chose Lewis Lemon GSA when my child was starting Kindergarten because of all the great things I heard about it at that time. Foreign language, uniforms, great teachers, amazing test scores... my son has been at LL for a couple years now. Foreign language is gone, I'm not sure who the principal is, it took us up until this year to get a teacher that seems to really care about and understand my child. If I could go back knowing what I know now, I doubt I would choose Lewis Lemon.

Lewis Lemon Elementary School 4

Posted October 22, 2004
Our Daughter is in the first grade now at Lewis Lemon and has the most outstanding teacher in the world, we wish she could have the rest of her life in school she has been nominated numourous times for the Golden Apple and she won't accept it because she says she just loves teaching. Our daughter is doing so well in school with this teacher and our school was graded right next to King School and one of the top schools in the district and King has the gifted program. Lewis Lemon as the children say 'Rocks'!

Lewis Lemon Elementary School 5

Posted September 09, 2003
My son has been at Lewis lemon since kindergarden and he is now in the fourth grade. The teachers and support staff at his school are great! My son was excepted into the king school gifted program for the first grade and I felt that Lewis Lemon offerd him more than the gifted program. Being the only pubic elemetary school in our district that is uniform, the schools test scores says it all. I have enjoyed being a parent at our school. My son has been on the honor roll for the last 3 years and his 3rd grade teacher said is I SAT scores were phenominal. They take time with ther children and reading is someting that alot of there children like to do not have to do. If your ever in our area i highly recommend Lewis Lemon!

Lewis Lemon Elementary School
1993 Mulberry Street, Rockford, IL  61101
Last modified Lewis Lemon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lewis Lemon Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top