Bad
Good

R K Welsh Elementary School 1

Posted April 10, 2015
My Wife and I sent our Daughter to this school this year from a private school. We find that they don't engage her to keep her interest in school up. Also when issues with bullying and student behavior they tend to ignore the issue. We are very dissatisfied, and she will not be going back.

Posted February 06, 2011
Welsh has been a great school to my daughter's. The teacher's are wonderful there and really do care about my children. Don't find that very often in Rockford schools. They have been attending since Pre-K and currently attending. Only thing I dislike like is that there isn't really much that they do in the way of programs. IE: Plays or musicals. And when they do have "something" it doesn't seem to be too planned out, like it was just hodge-podged together. Never enough room for parents let alone extra guests like grandparents or aunts. I also wish that they did more field trips with the children. Not just to the Discovery Center once a year because that gets kind of old. Although maybe that has to do with the district itself, I don't know.

Posted January 20, 2009
I am a parent, of 3 kids. One of my children went to another school, and I was very dissappointed in his education. My other two children attented Welsh, and I can tell you they are getting a great education..

R K Welsh Elementary School 2

Posted April 07, 2007
My son currently goes to Welsh. Unfortunately, my husband and I have found our experience with the school and it's administration to be quite disappointing. We do not feel that our son gets what he needs academically, socially or emotionally so we are opting to put him in private school next year.

Posted January 12, 2005
My children go to welsh school and are in there 3 year there. I also am a former student of welsh. I am the most happiest of all parents to tell people that my children attend welsh, i take pride in our school, teachers, and especially our principal mrs. Alt. She is the best always there to answer questions and concerns of the welsh family. I say family because that is the way the school is its close and like a big family to all who are here attending now, or in the past. Thanks to our welsh family.

Posted August 27, 2003
I went to R.K Welsh when I was in 6th grade. Overall I enjoyed going to school there. I would say R.K Welsh is a good school and that is where I am sending my daughter. This is her first year.

R K Welsh Elementary School
2100 Huffman Blvd, Rockford, IL  61103
Last modified R K Welsh Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.