Springfield, IL
Students enrolled: 1,449

Posted May 24, 2010
Being an alumnus of SHS this school has a long standing tradition of excellence not just to academia, but also to their global neighborhood. In my graduating class alone we had over twenty students join the military,and of those two were accepted at West Point, one at Colorado Springs, and another one at Annapolis. The administration stopped at nothing to ensure the safety of us and our continued education. While I was there I saw the school expanded to see the new science wing, which was a very good thing for us. As for security we had four roving guards and three uniformed Springfield Police Officers. At any rate I know that SHS is eons ahead of SSHS and LHS.

Posted December 10, 2009

Posted July 13, 2009

Springfield High School 2

Posted July 08, 2008

Posted January 28, 2008
SHS is an excellent school for so many reasons: dedicated and caring staff, spirited students, numerous clubs, and a great principal. I think the security is excellent too. It's definitely the best high school in town!

Posted September 30, 2007

Posted September 17, 2007
- a former student
This school is very poor in every aspect imaginable. The safety and dicsipline is a joke. The 'security' they have you hardly see patroling the halls to make sure the students are safe. I give this school a -0

Posted July 29, 2006
I loved this school!

Springfield High School 4

Posted April 10, 2006
- a former student
Springfield HS is located in the heart of the Capital city. It is one of three public High schools in the city, and in my opinion the best of the three. Springfield HS has a long history of testing well in the math and science portions of the state achievement tests. Springfield HS offers your students most extra curricular activities your teen may want to participate in, including sports, drama, foreign language clubs, key club, and many more. The level of involvement of parents at this school is better than average.

Springfield High School
101 South Lewis Street, Springfield, IL  62704
Last modified Springfield High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Springfield High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top