St Charles, IL
Students enrolled: 2,047

Posted May 18, 2014
My daughter loves the school. She's in sports, peer leadership and multiple other clubs. She's very involved and enjoys going to school. I do agree with the person who said there is more emphasis on athletics than academics at this school.

Posted July 25, 2013
This School is excellent and is most definitely one of the best schools in the nation. This is shown with it being a blue ribbon school and constantly being ranked as a top school. Having attended this school, I can say that it is absolutely great and my 2 siblings would say the same. There are of course some problems, such as the overall quality of education, teacher quality, and organization of learning, but these are not problems that are worse here than any other U.S school. In fact, I would say these issues are better at St.Charles North than 90% or more of U.S schools. Any problems stated in other reviews (such as poor special needs services, student attitudes, etc.) are not issues taken with STC North (which it is actually very good at) but with the nearby community or the organization of education in the United States in general. I guarantee you, if you are looking to send your child to school nearby, St.Charles North is the best place to choose.

St Charles North High School 3

Posted July 23, 2012
Having multiple children going thru North, I can say that there are some FANTASTIC teachers who take the time to work with the students and help them understand the subject matter. Unfortunately, there are also some teachers who just shouldn't be there. They do not show professionalism nor respect when dealing with students. I have had to call out one female pe teacher on two occassions for the way she be-littled my son and he wasn't even in her class. I am a very involved parent and volunteer where I can, however, I am considering sending my youngest to another high school as I am not sure North is worth the money they charge.

Posted November 16, 2010
I look at these reviews and most that are bad have a common theme. Either their children have special needs or they feel the environment is too competitive. All I can say is that this is an exceptional school and no school can provide and or cater to the needs of every student. I am sure and have had the privilege of using some of those special services if they are need. You get out of it what you put into it and the school district has programs for those students if they need it. You may have to drive your kids to a different location but the services are there. As far as being competitive, all I can say is wait until you see college and let s not forget the work force. The children need to be exposed to this, be accustomed to it, and take it in stride. In our brave new world competition is king. Eat or be eaten and they need to realize this ASAP. I feel the job of the school is to prepare them for real life. Protecting them from competition is no way to prepare our youth that have to compete with the youth of the world.

St Charles North High School 2

Posted October 17, 2010
Disappointed on emphasis on athletics over academics and tracking of students rather than meeting their learning needs. Too many teachers sit in front of computers checking e-mail and have students "learn from each other". Why pay teachers to be there if they are not going to teach a student. No accountability for new teachers that are hired to teach courses they are not qualified for. Hard to believe this is a Blue Ribbon school.

St Charles North High School 2

Posted May 28, 2010
My son has ADHD and requires some special education needs. Although the school has an active program and promises all the great help our son will be getting, they rarely follow through. This is so frustrating especially with the teachers who don't under stand the condition and needs. We have had to go through this every year since early grade school, so it's not just north. He actually had to go to an area wide program held in the next town where he got great help.

St Charles North High School 0

Posted September 18, 2009
The teachers and the administration put the children first when making decisions and determining policies. They truly care about all of the students.

St Charles North High School 1

Posted May 12, 2009

Posted April 16, 2009
This school offers an unbelievable amt. of support to students so they can suceed, from emotional well being to scholastic. There are clubs and more clubs and the staff will add another if a few students show interest. As a parent of a child with special needs, the amount of afterschool study grps. and tutoring is amazing, and it truly has helped my daughter. This is a school with a large student body and a bigger heart. If you hear any complaints, I believe the person truly did not want to get involved. I am greatful to the environment created by the staff and will always be proud to be a North Star parent. It is truly amazing that as a parent I can walk down the hall of a school of over 2,000 students and the staff and students greets me by name!

St Charles North High School 1

Posted April 07, 2009
It is absolutly terrible. It is a very bad school environment.

St Charles North High School
Red Gate Road, St Charles, IL  60175
Last modified St Charles North High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St Charles North High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top