Summit, IL

Posted July 27, 2015
I couldn't imagine my child going to a different school. It never ceases to amaze me the lessons she learns even outside the classroom there: Honesty, integrity and doing the right thing. The classroom environment is perfect and the test scores speak for themselves. The teachers and especially the school owners treat the children as if they were their own and my daughter is well looked after there. Everyone is treated like family. Other schools should take lessons from this establishment. My wife and I are very happy here and very proud to be Peckwas Prep Parents.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 08, 2015
This is a great school. ALL of the students are treated like family, and that family atmosphere creates a warm nurturing environment for learning. My kids love their teachers, and they like going to school, which is half the battle! Test scores are awesome; this year their average was the 83rd percentile. Classes are taught in a very hands on way that involves the kids and gets them excited. I also love the fact that the classes are small and everyone is close knit. Saw some earlier negative reviews--wonder if they tried talking to principal--I have always found her open to listening and the staff willing to do everything they can to support kids and parents.

Peckwas Preparatory Academy 1

Posted November 23, 2014
Small school which can have its pros however the teachers strongly favor their girl students. The teachers are difficult to work with, and they do not work well with parents. Families usually only last a couple years there until they finally had enough.

Posted January 04, 2012
My son went to peckwas for pre school and kindergarden, this is beyond a great school! All the children are very respectful to others, some of the teachers may have attitude at time but when it comes down to it there great for the kids. I had to take my child out of the school cause we moved about an hour away but im glad to say im taking him back to peckwas ill just have to out up with the drive :-)

Posted March 17, 2010
overrated, expensive, and adequate education.

Posted March 04, 2010
Great school ,great teachers especially the principal Miss Kim my son loves it.. F.S

Posted May 05, 2009
My son is finishing his first year (kindergarten) at the school and I am thrilled that we can send him back to Peckwas next year. We love the school and absolutely adore Ms. Rachel, the kindergarten teacher. She truly is amazing with children and I am beyond thankful that my son's first experience with a teacher was with her. We love the school so much that our other son will be starting there next fall. Many thanks to all the staff. Keep up the great work!!! thanks, Rebecca

Posted November 06, 2008
My daughter is in grade K, she loves the school. Teachers are great and the atmosphere very friendly, feels like a family.

Peckwas Preparatory Academy 4

Posted September 23, 2008
My son loves this school. After transferring from a classroom of approx 30 kids, he is now in a classroom of approx.12 and get the attention he needs.

Posted September 18, 2008
This school is the best. They help people who need the help to improve.Its great!

5714 Harlem Avenue, Summit, IL  60501
Last modified Peckwas Preparatory Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Peckwas Preparatory Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top