Summit, IL

Peckwas Preparatory Academy 1

Posted January 17, 2015
-Teachers belittle the children. -Teachers have been know to leave the school during school hours to run errands and children are required to clean the classroom to their liking or they will receive extra homework. -Been known to serve food that is no longer safe to eat. -Half of the teaching staff do not have teaching degrees. -School lost over 20 children just this year, which is a large population considering the school population was just shy of 100 children PK-8. ***It took us years to realize all of this, however I hope others will read this before they have to learn for themselves.

Peckwas Preparatory Academy 1

Posted November 23, 2014
Small school which can have its pros however the teachers strongly favor their girl students. The teachers are difficult to work with, and they do not work well with parents. Families usually only last a couple years there until they finally had enough.

Posted January 04, 2012
My son went to peckwas for pre school and kindergarden, this is beyond a great school! All the children are very respectful to others, some of the teachers may have attitude at time but when it comes down to it there great for the kids. I had to take my child out of the school cause we moved about an hour away but im glad to say im taking him back to peckwas ill just have to out up with the drive :-)

Posted March 17, 2010
overrated, expensive, and adequate education.

Posted March 04, 2010
Great school ,great teachers especially the principal Miss Kim my son loves it.. F.S

Posted May 05, 2009
My son is finishing his first year (kindergarten) at the school and I am thrilled that we can send him back to Peckwas next year. We love the school and absolutely adore Ms. Rachel, the kindergarten teacher. She truly is amazing with children and I am beyond thankful that my son's first experience with a teacher was with her. We love the school so much that our other son will be starting there next fall. Many thanks to all the staff. Keep up the great work!!! thanks, Rebecca

Posted November 06, 2008
My daughter is in grade K, she loves the school. Teachers are great and the atmosphere very friendly, feels like a family.

Peckwas Preparatory Academy 4

Posted September 23, 2008
My son loves this school. After transferring from a classroom of approx 30 kids, he is now in a classroom of approx.12 and get the attention he needs.

Posted September 18, 2008
This school is the best. They help people who need the help to improve.Its great!

Posted February 24, 2005
I have 2 children who attend PPA and they are head and shoulders above their peers who attend other schools. The staff is dedicated and caring, and the curriculum is outstanding. I am completely pleased.

5714 Harlem Avenue, Summit, IL  60501
Last modified Peckwas Preparatory Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Peckwas Preparatory Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top