Tinley Park, IL

Posted September 23, 2013
central middle school, Both my sons went through the entire CCSD#146 school system, sports,music programs! Both graduated 4 year colleges , privite /public institutions, one is currently a pilot with Southwest Airlines, the other works downtown with the sales media firm!! Sounds like a great education system to me!!!

Central Middle School 1

Posted April 12, 2013
I'm a student at Central Middle School, I'm in 8th grade. I hate this school. Now dont get me wrong this school is good sometimes but as a student here i feel like we are getting a bad education. my dad in responce has been homeschooling me in some areas such as memorizing the 50 states capitols. or making me read biographys. this school doesn't teach us much over my 3 years at central i think i've retained 15%of the infromation they "teach us". also the sports teams, i made the soccer team, i started as a starter for the team and now im not, they dont put extra people in the game you are left to sit on the bench, which is not fair, i do the work to be on the team but it feels like im not. they do that for all sports.. The encore clases like technology; construction; sowing; and music, they are teaching us how to do physical labor, it shows that this is what they expect for us when we are older. i want a job that makes me use my brain not my body. i feel that with the money resorces we have in tinley park we could do so much with the education and make it better then what they are giving us. btw MR.SMITH is the best teacher ever!

Central Middle School 2

Posted October 27, 2012
I wish I could give it a 3 but the school lacks discipline. They act like they care if children are getting bullied but really they could care less. They just threaten them with a detention and that's it. The learning curriculum could be better but they don't prepare you for high school like ever middle school should. The teachers are probably as bad as the students. They let the students run wild, and the gym teachers show favoritism towards athletes. The school does encourage kids to get involved though.

Central Middle School 3

Posted April 29, 2010
I'm a parent of an 8th grader. Yes, I consider Central to be up tp date in tech stuff and educational tools for teachers to teach their students. I think they have fine teachers in general and your kid will get a solid education. However, there is a growing problem in regards to discipline that is getting worse every year and at this point the school administration does not have it under control. Drup use, public displays of affection and other behavior that warrants suspensions etc. is pretty high for the so called 'best place to raise a family' town of TInley Park. Just this week I was told that their will be random times were police dogs are brought into the school to sniff the lockers for drugs. I guess this is a positive step in trying to get a hold on the problem.

Posted August 26, 2009

Central Middle School 4

Posted October 18, 2008
Im a student there and i like the school. they year has started like 2 months ago and i think its fun. most of the teachers are nice and the honors classes are great. (im in honors so thats how i know). I likke the encores classes too. although some of them are repetitive and boring. mainly family and consumer science. overall, cms is a great school with advanced technology and great academics, and extracurricular activities. they even have guitair hero on the wii and you get to play it everu other friday at lunch on the stage in the cafe/auditorium!!! i recommend this school to any student.

Central Middle School 4

Posted October 04, 2008
im a 6th grader at central and so far i like it a lot. im in band and i plan on trying out for basketball. im in all honors, and i enjoy this school. they have great teachers and extra curricular activities are pretty good. The encore classes, such as P.E., art, and music are extra fun. Now i'm not the best kid, i've had had my share of fights and all, but trust me this is a great school. Most of the teachers are nice and experienced, the bus is fun, and its ust all good. Except this one kid is annoying Mohammad Nofal if you read this i'm talking about you. Anyway trust me Central is the school for you.

Posted February 05, 2008

Central Middle School 0

Posted January 31, 2008
I have read each comment listed, i personally feel that Centtal is a great school. The teachers and administration staff are very responsive. I think that most of the problems begin because parents have all of the expectations and don't allow the children to look for their own challenges. I make sure that I consistently check with my sons teachers for my sons progress and he is doing greeat. We are new to the area, and you need to respect and appreciate Central. Reach out and help make them better, get involved or be involved with your children. You help teach them, and give them challenges.

Central Middle School 3

Posted July 15, 2007
I transferred my child from a private school to the public it was a MAJOR difference but he has learning problems so we had no choice It gets some getting used to but the LD staff was a lot of help the school was ok not the best but not the worst.

Central Middle School
18146 Oak Park Avenue, Tinley Park, IL  60477
Last modified Central Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top