Bad
Good

I have worked at 3 of the 6 elementary schools in this district, and while all are good schools with excellent teachers, I chose to work at Wiley because I believe it is the best! The teachers work to build relationships with families, and support student progress in all areas. There are many opportunities for families to be involved in their child's education as well.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My child has made a lot of growth in reading and math since starting at this school.

Amount of homework: Agree

The kindergarten homework expectations are perfectly matched for developing routines, rewarding students' efforts, and not overburdening the children or families.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students appear to enjoy the positive behavior incentives, such as RRS tickets. Plus, the students my child plays with are kind and understanding.

Our student has had a great deal of success at this school as a kindergartner. His teacher and the principal have been incredibly supportive and helpful. There is a very strong and engaging PTA that puts on many family-friendly events throughout the school year. We couldn't be happier with this neighborhood school! Our child has made many good friends, grown as learner, and the families have made us feel welcomed in the community.

As an alumni from this school (as little as I want to admit it) I never really liked this school. The principal was the main problem throughout my 6 years there. I hated the principal and the only teacher I liked (5th grade year) was the only teacher the principal hated. Thank god that principal is retiring and if you are looking at this review for your new student...please hold of from enrolling them until the 2016-2017 year.

We have been bm very happy with Yankee Ridge. The teachers our children have had are uniformly terrific. All have worked with us to meet our children's varied needs. The school is very open to parent involvement and the PTA is amazing. The arts and music program is excellent. The only downside is not having an auditorium in which to see the kid's performances. Children are notably well-behaved at assemblies. The principal clearly values order and was proactive when we needed to address one of our child's special needs.

The teachers my children have had at Yankee Ridge have all been very caring and excellent. They do have a K/1, which my child was in. It concerned me at first, but the teacher was very responsive and everything went well! The principal is quite disorganized. I've witnessed her on more than one occasion belittling teachers and not treating them fairly and with respect. I even witnessed her yelling at a teacher. It is obvious over the last two years that teachers aren't as happy there as they were when my oldest went there a few years back. I would give this school 5 stars if it was only about the teachers and the quality of instruction. However, the administration leaves a lot to be desired. Two of our neighbors actually sold their homes and moved to Champaign because they didn't want their children here due to the administration.

My kids have spent their entire elementary education at Yankee Ridge - This is a WONDERFUL school - SUPER teachers, SUPER principal and a broad range of extracurricular activities. The PTA is extremely invovled and supportive as well.

Last modified Yankee Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.