Waukegan, IL
Students enrolled: 4,293

Posted August 23, 2014
I like the school. You meet awsome people, both teachers and students. It can be better. But it is not the worst.

Waukegan High School 4

Posted March 28, 2013
I am very happy with the Washington house 4 school. My daughter is excelling and she has improved study habits and has grown as a student and a person at this school! She loves her teachers and says they are great at teaching and encouraging their students.There are also a great group of kids in house 4!

Posted May 12, 2011
I LOVE WAUKEGAN HIGHSCHOOL it builds friendshiip and involvment in school and there are hot guyss :D

Posted October 17, 2010
I don't like this school. When I attended it was in a better standing. Now, I hear it's a horrible school to attend. But the reason, I'm voting for it, it's because it SERIOUSLY needs the money SO IT CAN IMPROVE, because I still believe in WAUKEGAN HIGH. GO BULLDOGS!!!

Posted August 24, 2010
Waukegan High School can be a great school for any student. They almost got every class a student would want to take in high school. It can be a great learning experience for anyone. But like any other schools, Waukegan has its downfall. Most of the teachers there are great and know what they are talking about. Then there are those other teachers who have temper problems or just don't know how to connect with the students. Another problem are the students. There are too many ghetto kids who are a waste of space and don't want to learn. They need to get kicked out asap. And security is horrible at the school. They just sit all day doing nothing. other then that waukegan can be a AMAZING school. If these problems were fixed Waukegan would get the respect it deserves

Posted November 02, 2009
the only students that learn anything of substance are those who seek for knowledge elsewhere

Posted September 04, 2009
waukegan high school is the best high school ever and the basketball teams are always good i love tht school

Posted September 04, 2009

Posted October 04, 2008
Waukegan High School has it's pros and cons. Then again, what school doesn't? I'm a sophmore in the College Studies Program, and I do have to say, it's great. The teachers...are exceptional. Each and every one of them is unique and they honestly care about their students. At least, my teachers do. People say that our school isn't very good, but who are they to judge? Every student that attends Waukegan High has the potential and opportunity to be great.

Posted August 19, 2008
I graduated from WHS in 2007. Throughout my four years there, we had 3 (technically 4 principals) and they weren't that great. They all had their own flaws and didn't do much to try to improve the school. Teacher quality was pretty decent. I was in the College Studies Program, so of course we seemed to have better teachers. They really cared for their students' success and development as young adults. The extracurricular activities were the best! We have one of the best JROTC programs in the country along with one of the best fine arts programs in the state. Parent involvement wasn't too great, but I think that has to do with the administration not motivating the parents either. Safety was terrible (the security guards were all lazy)...we had the millions of fire alarms and the numerous bomb threats...but I do believe that WHS can improve!

Waukegan High School
2325 Brookside Avenue, Waukegan, IL  60085
Last modified Waukegan High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waukegan High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top