Bad
Good

There is a strong connection between school and the community that is fostered by the parents, teachers, and administration. While the curriculum is rigorous keeping up with Common Core, the whole child is nurtured as well. Character counts and teachers promote positIve behavior in creative ways for young children.

Westchester Primary School is a great school. The teachers and staff are very helpful and so involved with the kids. They recognize academic issues and address them right away. The principal is great.

Just finished our second year here, and I have nothing but high praise for WPS and its teaching staff. My daughter had a great year, and as a first grader has learned some impressive skills. The Author's Tea is a fantastic program, and I could only wish there were more instances for parents to come and witness their kids achievements. Otherwise, seeing how my daughter loves to learn, and "teach" us at home, I can't help but say "thank you" to WPS and all the dedicated teachers there.

Due to the changes in our finances we have had to take our children out of Catholic school & put them in WPS. I will say there is positive & negative at both. There is way more family involvement at the Catholic school. You are not welcome at WPS if you need to bring a younger sibling with you. WPS doesn't provide nearly as much computer time. We have had to use the speech services & can not rave about it. One 15 session a week is not enough to deal with speech issues. At the end of Oct. our son has only had about 5 sessions since the begining of the year. The distrist is required to provide speech service, but it truly is very minimum. We will have to pay privately for what WPS is not providing. We feel our older children got a better education at Catholic school.

My son is in the kindergarten here. He has received special attention by the teachers, who have figured out what teaching styles he responds best to. I have noticed that kindergarten ain't what it used to be! Now, everything is tested. A bit too much emphasis is put on worksheet-based learning. With all the testing requirements, kindergarten is the new first grade. However, the whole WPS staff (principal Akemi Sessler, the teachers, the special education department including Mary Momolella) are all VERY caring and committed, definitely going above and beyond to help each child.

We have had a great experience with WPS. As with all schools, each child's experience will differ. We feel the teacher quality is excellent and school-wide programs are on target for these age groups. The new principal is engaged and committed to continuted improvement. We are very happy with this school.

I look the attention the school puts on the children. I am very happy.

I reviewed this school in 2005. At that time I was very happy with the attention they gave my son, who happens to be a very good student. Since then, I have had many, many negative experiences with this school and the staff when it comes to my son who isn't as good a student as his brother. I have struggled with his education at WPS since the very beginning. I am currently reviewing private schools for him to transfer to ASAP. The administration has not taken any of my advise. I am extremely dissatisfied with the old and new administration and teachers.

I strongly disagree with the current posts in regards to this school. The curriculum and instructional strategies are outdated and consists of too many worksheets. The teachers and administration seldomly return phone calls. Students are tested without parents consent. Very disappointed in this school.

Last modified Westchester Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2